Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.

Article about: Hi Forum, Besides my SA Sachsen project I am also working on restoring a political Diensthemd. Step one of the restauration is adding the right buttons. The standard brown shirt came with Go

Vocht. It is nice early PL brownshirt (Oh how I wish to find it to my collection ).

You need collar tabs like these:

I belive raute should be Auslands-Organisation der nsdap, as it is under armband

-TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.
    P
    Many

The early PL had such diamonds on the sleeves. Depending on whether they were party, NSBO/DAF, NSKOV and so on. TJ's photo shows the diamond for 'Stabsleiter'. Here is a sleeve diamond for party leaders (party eagle) at Weitzes Homepage, unfortunately it has not yet been processed. If in doubt, I would even leave the buttons on, maybe they are still the original sewn ones. The matching collar tabs for a Kreisleiter are much more important - because the shoulder board shows the position for Kreisleiter - and of course the matching sleeve diamond.

NSDAP Armelraute fur Politische Leiter - NSDAP - Uniformeffekten und Hoheitsabzeichen der NSDAP und ihrer Parteiorganisationen - Militaria / Helmut Weitze

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Indeed this is the EREL shirt guys. Forgive the persian carpet. It is my love besides militaria :P
    I can hit myself in the head. Ofcourse there can be no RZM buttons with an early shirt. I could've known!

- - ------- - -

Cyclist, Thank you for the tip. I will give that a try this weekend.
    I love persian carpets too!

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Here is a sleeve diamond for party leaders (party eagle) at Weitzes Homepage, unfortunately it has not yet been processed.

NSDAP Armelraute fur Politische Leiter - NSDAP - Uniformeffekten und Hoheitsabzeichen der NSDAP und ihrer Parteiorganisationen - Militaria / Helmut Weitze

Photos from Weitze. The link will die in the time

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips. NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.
    -TJ-

Here is another one, it's processed with buckram on the backside, just like a Collar Tab.

Armelraute fur Politische Leiter (371278) - III. Reich 1933 - 1945 - Insignia of the NSDAP and Organisations - Military Antiques

Really good photos! And can see they use silver buttons with eagles.

NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips. NSDAP brown shirt - Political restoration - looking for tips.
    -TJ-

Interesting thread. As it is not my area of collecting, I was wondering what headgear did these early political brownshirts wear?

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    Interesting thread. As it is not my area of collecting, I was wondering what headgear did these early political brownshirts wear?
    It would be a kepi.

Before July 1932 cap cord for Bloclwart and Zellenwart should have leather, as SA had. Other ranks silver or gold cord with knots, according to rank.
    On the July 1932 all ranks had silver or gold cord with or without knots, accordin to rank.

As a Kreisleiter should have silver cord with two knots

Here is examples of Zellenwart and Ortsgruppenleiter kepis (Bob Coleman)

-TJ-

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    If in doubt, I would even leave the buttons on, maybe they are still the original sewn ones.
    For now I would also stay the buttons, but I would think Kreisleiter should have silver color buttons. As cap cord and button also is silver color.

Here is also one photo of the Kreisleiter, looks like he has silver buttons on his tunic.
    Next to him stand Gauleiter Robert Wagner. Photo is from 1933. And he has gold color buttons

-TJ-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast