MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review

Article about: Hello friends, This one is quite a bit out of my area, so I would appreciate any comments/opinions on this tunic. A blue-piped political leaders tunic which I believe puts it at Ortsgruppen

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Thanks for the more detailed photos of collar tab, but as mentioned, those are fake.

On that Ortsgruppenleiter tunic behind the link has original collar tabs with pebbling, it is really hard to see, really poor photos, but it is still there.
    And there is also another details what I expect to see on final pattern collar tabs.

Attachment 1599100
    Agree with Finngaill. Just look at the color of that Eagle. Its a little bit shiny and bright golden, like it has to be and pebbling is indeed visible.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review
    P
    Many

Folks, the collar tab eagles were made of different materials. I own a local group's upper rank leader, there the collar tab eagle is "shiny".
    Then I own another coat of a work leader (lower rank), there the eagle is frosted/ matt. These are just different materials.

I am aware that a lot of tinkering is done on the uniforms, but I still think the uniform from the first post is good.

Quote by Hauptgemeinschaftsleiter View Post
    Folks, the collar tab eagles were made of different materials. I own a local group's upper rank leader, there the collar tab eagle is "shiny".
    Then I own another coat of a work leader (lower rank), there the eagle is frosted/ matt. These are just different materials.

I am aware that a lot of tinkering is done on the uniforms, but I still think the uniform from the first post is good.
    Of course different Materials were used. But you should take a closer look to the wings of the eagles, you will see tiny overhang. Original ones you do not see those. And second, there is no pebbling around the swastika inside the wreath. All originals have this pebbling.

Jeff Clark originally pointed this out some years ago. Member Finngaill gave this hint, I also noticed the overhang, but not the missing pebbling. I checked all my tunics and collar tabs, none of the eagles had these overhangs but all had pebbling around the swastika.

These are mine. Bad pictures I know.

Quote by Hauptgemeinschaftsleiter View Post
    These are mine. Bad pictures I know.
    Obergemeinschaftsleiter Tabs are good. Note the "pebbling"! The Eagles on Tabs of the Greatcoat are completely Fake, sorry!

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Obergemeinschaftsleiter Tabs are good. Note the "pebbling"! The Eagles on Tabs of the Greatcoat are completely Fake, sorry!
    I'm afraid that's not the only problem with the greatcoat. After closer study, I noticed that the rank shown on the collar tabs (Arbeitsleiter) does not match the armband (Amtsleiter). Both insignia were certainly not sewn on together between 1939 and 1945. Second - and this is the more serious problem - it looks like at least the oak leaf band on the Armband is a reproduction. For comparison, four different armbands from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review   NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review  

NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review   NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review  

Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Ortsgruppenleiter Tunic for review 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3