Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Orst Level Party tunic question

Article about: Hello All, I have a general question. I have the opportunity to purchase a Tunic and Visor hat from the family of a vet. The visor is that of an Orst level. The tunic however, has no piping

Default Orst Level Party tunic question

Hello All,

I have a general question. I have the opportunity to purchase a Tunic and Visor hat from the family of a vet. The visor is that of an Orst level. The tunic however, has no piping and no collar tabs. There are capture papers which mentions the hat and tunic. I was able to find one photo of a man wearing the same type tunic, that is attached. That has no collar tabs or piping. However, I can not find much information out there if this was common at the Orst level, or if it was an early style or if it just possibly means the tunic was un-issued. Does anyone have information to determine if a tunic like this is correct as is, or if its been sanitized? I can see no indication of where tabs were removed. It would effect the value as to what I would offer the family if it is just a stripped tunic. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I do have it to post pics of the tumic itself, but it does look like the one in the attached photo. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Orst Level Party tunic question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orst Level Party tunic question
    P
    Many

It did happen that political leaders wore tunics without piping and collar tabs. It was rare and actually against the rules, but it did happen. There are also famous examples of high personalities who deliberately wore no piping and no insignia of rank. Hitler, Hess and Göring e.g. So it doesn't have to mean that the things were removed later or that the tunic wasn't given out.

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like then I am afraid it would effect the value of the tunics and shirts and there probably is little market for them. As I could never really prove they are unmessed with nor sanitized. The visor hat would still have some value. But unless they practically give away the rest I may just pass.

Such tunics always have their value. As an ensemble anyway. Of course nobody wants to give them away, although a tunic without collar tabs and collar piping has less value than a tunic that is complete with all the insignia.