Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Parteiadler Real or Fake?

Article about: Just curious on anyone’s opinion on whether or not this eagle is real or not? Looks to be RZM M1/157…. But the last digit is somewhat in the crease and it’s kind of difficult to make o

Post Parteiadler Real or Fake?

Just curious on anyone’s opinion on whether or not this PARTEIADLER is real or fake…. Looks to be RZM M1/157…. But the last digit is somewhat in the crease and it’s kind of difficult to make out except from the pictures themselves. This eagle come from an untrustworthy auction house about six months ago and I just remembered I had it….
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parteiadler Real or Fake?   Parteiadler Real or Fake?  

Parteiadler Real or Fake?   Parteiadler Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parteiadler Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

I believe this is an original Zinc piece - as indicated by the "pillow-crimped" prongs...
    -Glenn-

Thanks for your input! What does “pillow-crimped” refer to? Is that the prongs on the back of the wings how it’s kinda hugging the base of the prongs?

Exactly...it's the type of mount used to attach the prongs to the bird...
    -Glenn-

It is an original.
    I would refer to them as "crimped in", but the term "pillow crimp" was used to identify an unmarked Infantrie Sturmabzeichen that no one knew the maker of, as a means to identify it.
    The RZM number 1/157 belongs to Philip Turks Witwe ~ Wien.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I do have a question I just thought about actually, I know GlennAgain said this looked like Zinc but to me it looks aluminum… i’m not very familiar with zinc except some of the other metals I have but do they look similar in these eagles?

As aluminum would have been considered a precious metal at that time, this eagle is most likely zinc.
    They have very similar attributes but, zinc was not as durable as aluminum.
    You can compare to my cupal example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I gotcha and you’re exactly right I didn’t think about that! Thanks!