Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pioneer of Labor Badge

Article about: Hey Guys, Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Just wanted to show off a new acquisition and get some Opinions. Wanted one my whole collecting life of 40+ years! Ran into this at a local

?

Default Pioneer of Labor Badge

Hey Guys, Sorry I haven't been around for a while.

Just wanted to show off a new acquisition and get some Opinions. Wanted one my whole collecting life of 40+ years!

Ran into this at a local auction when I was selling a couple of blades.

I think it is absolutely right, but open for opinions. Virtually all of the ones I have seen in the past were Repops. But, I have seen 1 that I was assured was Real and it was almost Identical except for the Number 17 at the top.

What do you think?

Pioneer of Labor Badge Pioneer of Labor Badge

Pioneer of Labor Badge

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL! SA Mann

Out!
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-23-2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pioneer of Labor Badge
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    I don't know what it is, so I won't know where it belongs.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Moved to the Non Combat Uniform and Insignia section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello again,

For those of you who are not Familiar with this badge, it is a Pioneer of Labor Award.

The decoration "Pioneer of Labor", designed by Professor Klein, was first awarded on August 7, 1940 to Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach. Among the 18 additional awardees were Willi Messerschmitt, Robert Bosch, Ernst Heinkel, Ferdinand Porsche and Claudius Dornier, as well as ministers Ohnesorge, and Dorpmueller,

This is one of the Rarest of all German Awards. It was awarded to those who made critical, significant, advances to the war effort or Major Industrialists.

It was Awarded each year on May 1st.

SA Mann
    Last edited by SAMann; 11-23-2021 at 10:33 PM.

I thought only the miniature was marked 900?
    Stig

?

Hello Stig,

I kind of thought so also, but this one tests as .900 Silver, I just wish I knew who #17, out of the 19 Awards was. Also, the one I have seen that was supposed to be Authentic was .900 marked as well.

SA Mann

?

I do not know much about this particular award. However, it seems like the presentation case is a bit large for it (at least to me). Some other cased awards (of different types) I have seen have a recessed portion inside of the case for the award to sit in (I do not see that here), and others that do not leave so much unused space in them as the award pictured in this thread seems to.

If the case is correct and original to this award then I wonder if the award might have been accompanied by something else that was also inside the case and was since removed?

Of course I may be completely wrong here.

As for the award itself, I cannot comment on that as I lack the experience to do so.

Thanks for posting it.

?

Hello Svejk,

Yes there is a recess in the case for the Badge itself and a slot for the pin as well. I forgot to post a pic of the case without the badge in it. Here you go!

I also went so far as to pull up the lower, black, pad to see if there were any holes or marks where something else could have been in there. It was just pressed in, not glued but no sign of anything there.

SA Mann

?

Oh, And here are some photos of the bottom of the case.

SA Mann

?

Thanks for showing the case in greater detail.