Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible RAD stickpin

Article about: Hello all, I had purchased this stickpin with a RAD brooch for women some time back, and I'm having issues trying to identify what it may be or if it's legitimate as I can't find other examp

Default Possible RAD stickpin

Hello all,

I had purchased this stickpin with a RAD brooch for women some time back, and I'm having issues trying to identify what it may be or if it's legitimate as I can't find other examples of it online.

It has a similar form factor to the RAD logo, but I have no idea if it's a fantasy piece someone gussied up from something to look legitimate.

Any help/feedback would be most appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible RAD stickpin   Possible RAD stickpin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible RAD stickpin
    P
    Many

?

In the Husken Katalog der Abzeichen this configuration of pin is identified as a civilian pin for the NSAD Nationalsozialisticher Arbeitsdienst not RAD. I don't know much about either but it should help you with your search

Possible RAD stickpin
    Regards, Al

I can't tell you what organization F.V.F. stands for but, IMO, it is original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Aldo View Post
    In the Husken Katalog der Abzeichen this configuration of pin is identified as a civilian pin for the NSAD Nationalsozialisticher Arbeitsdienst not RAD. I don't know much about either but it should help you with your search

Possible RAD stickpin
    Thank you....that is exactly the base for the stickpin...I just assumed it was RAD because the brooch it was with was and the shovel/wheat design was very similar to it...it looks like the organization was a precursor to RAD, so early 30's.....I found a post that another forum member GWAR made about a buckle that was listed for $300 and also found a few examples of it...this pin almost seems to be personalized, so it makes me wonder if it's unique or ucommon

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I can't tell you what organization F.V.F. stands for but, IMO, it is original.
    Ralph.
    Yeah, even with the information Aldo provided, I can't find another example of the stickpin, though I had found several badges and pins with the logo....I'm also inclined to believe it's original....but how unique or rare is anyone's guess.

?

WOW, This is a very early pin, I would say it is based on the program introduced by Generalarbeitsführer Fritz Schinnerer Labor leader of Arbeitsgau 28 Franken, in the infancy of the RAD, when the FAD was being phased out, there was NSAD Nationalsozialisticher Arbeitsdienst.
    Before there were actual camps (Arbeitsdienstlager) Schinnerer asked for local business and other entities to sponsor some of these new groups, it is very early here and I am getting ready for work, I have a file of the original press articles regarding this subject and will add more this afternoon after work.
    But for now, this pin is a close cousin of what you have posted
    Arbeitsdienst Förderer = Labour Service Sponsors

In 1934, in close contact with the political leaders, Pg.(Parteimitglied-Party Member) Schinnerer founded the "Fördererverband für die Arbeitsdienstlager des Arbeitsgaues 28" (which still had about 60,000 members) for the promotion of the labor service and for the financial support of its local communities
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible RAD stickpin  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    WOW, This is a very early pin, I would say it is based on the program introduced by Generalarbeitsführer Fritz Schinnerer Labor leader of Arbeitsgau 28 Franken, in the infancy of the RAD, when the FAD was being phased out, there was NSAD Nationalsozialisticher Arbeitsdienst.
    Before there were actual camps (Arbeitsdienstlager) Schinnerer asked for local business and other entities to sponsor some of these new groups, it is very early here and I am getting ready for work, I have a file of the original press articles regarding this subject and will add more this afternoon after work.
    But for now, this pin is a close cousin of what you have posted
    Arbeitsdienst Förderer = Labour Service Sponsors

In 1934, in close contact with the political leaders, Pg.(Parteimitglied-Party Member) Schinnerer founded the "Fördererverband für die Arbeitsdienstlager des Arbeitsgaues 28" (which still had about 60,000 members) for the promotion of the labor service and for the financial support of its local communities
    Interesting...so probably in the wee infancy of the days after the Nazis seized or were coming to power...I figured it was connected to RAD in some way based on the design of the pin and as a precursor organization, that makes sense....I've seen several cap badges using the design and I think when I was looking based on the information Aldo provided I saw one similar to the one you posted, but can't find the stick pin....it makes me wonder if it may have been something unique someone made for someone higher up in the organization, maybe?

Based on the fact it so closely resembles the design of both the image provided by Aldo and the one in your badge, like minis said, I'm fairly certain it's original but almost seems to be a unicorn.
    Last edited by DavidRF43; 05-20-2024 at 08:14 PM.

?

DavidRF43, I have left a small reply in the thread you started on WAF, I believe the pin shown has the meaning of 'Förderverein Verein für Freiwilligen Arbeitsdienst' Gwar....
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "