Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch

Article about: Gentlemen, I would like to show you this recently acquired tunic to a RAD Oberstfeldmeister, Health Service branch. This is the first time I have delved into the area of the RAD, but I belie

?

Default RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch

Gentlemen,

I would like to show you this recently acquired tunic to a RAD Oberstfeldmeister, Health Service branch. This is the first time I have delved into the area of the RAD, but I believe everything to be correct on this tunic. I love the honest wear and patina to it; it has a real 'lived-in' look (right down to the small cigarette burn hole in the right shoulder). The tunic is named to a Herr 'Röh', lavishly embroidered to the liner in red yarn, beside an ink-stamp size '54'. The tunic also shows a ribbon bar to the War Merit Cross, 2nd Class with Swords, the West Wall Medal, and an unknown (to me) blue ribbon. The War Merit Cross ribbon is also present in the button hole. Arm shield indicates, if I am correct, Arbeitsgau 18, Arbeitsgruppe 8, Abteilung 7? Which indicates the area of Niedersachsen-Ost. Below this is a printed variation party armband in cotton, and a 'man' rune shield indicating service in the RAD Health Services - perhaps Herr Röh was a doctor by profession?

I might ask your opinions on what appears to be odd-matching patina to the collar tabs: one side shows complete aluminium bullion wire with a brown tarnish to it, while the other shows untarnished alu but with more of the actual wire worn away. Could this be down to one side facing in/out of a wall, or sunlight, or somesuch?

Also, am I right in that this tunic should be displayed with a plain white shirt and black tie underneath, and a 'robin hood' style cap with officer's bullion insignia? Should it have a belt for an officer with RAD buckle, or just a double-claw? There is no dagger-hanger slit in the pocket - would it be worn with a RAD hewer, or is this more of an everyday service tunic?

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch
    P
    Many

Nice tunic! It looks to me like one of the collar tabs has been replaced. But it doesn't have to be. Discoloration can also be caused by improper storage. I would add a RAD brocade belt, that would look best. And of course a RAD Robin Hood style hat for Leaders.

?

Hello, the blue ribbon is Reichsarbeitsdienst-Dienstauszeichnung, it came in silver for 12 years and bronze for 4 years I believe (the bronze year is from recollection, I could be mistaken), the Robin hood hat (Arbeitsdienstmutze) could have either aluminum, enameled or hand embroidered insignia (Mutzenabzeichen), in the latter years hand embroidered insignia was the rule for all officers and above ranks, just make sure the hat has the silver piping denoting officer grade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch   RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch  

Attached Images Attached Images RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Arbeitsgau XVIII Niedersachsen-Ost
    RAD Gruppe 188 Heerte, Abt. 7/188 Diepholz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD tunic to an Oberstfeldmeister, Health Services branch  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thank you Gwar - great information!