Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen

Article about: Good afternoon everybody, I am looking for some opinions about the authenticity of this TeNo stick pin please. If it is real, then it has a very low serial number and would be quite desirabl

Default Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen

Good afternoon everybody, I am looking for some opinions about the authenticity of this TeNo stick pin please. If it is real, then it has a very low serial number and would be quite desirable. The red enamel is of a similar pebble effect to the NADAP badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen   Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen  

Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen   Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake - Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) Zivilabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I don't know much about this particular pin however my only concern would be with that area on the rear to the left of the number 2 which looks like a casting flaw. I assume these quality pins would be die struck resulting in clean sheared edges so that lumpy mess doesn't make sense to me. I would look for more images of this pin and compare them in detail. Also the Ges Gesch looks odd, maybe robocut rounded letters ?That is just my opinion, please wait for more input before deciding. Good luck, Al

Hi Aldo, I noticed the same thing on the LHS which at first glance looked like a number one. I have seen one on Weitze's site with a much higher serial number in much worse condition, so not easy to compare. Technische Nothilfe ( TeNo ) (291541) - membership badges and pins 1900 \x96 1945 - Military Antiques

?

Joe's military collectibles has one but I can't copy the image but you can take a look and see the difference. Joes Military Collectibles | Shop

I also feel the silver looks particularly bright on this one as compared with others I've seen and the membership numbers look very large. Don't dismiss it yet, keep looking and I'll do likewise.

?

Emedals has numerous examples of this pin in the archives in various conditions. Not sure if this will help or confuse further.
    Stickpins - Stickpins & Ribbons Bars - Germany - Europe
    Cheers, Al

The research I have done on this pin indicates that it had to be returned after service had ended. There were only approx. 70,000 sequentially numbered pins issued. So this one would be one of the rarest out there.