Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Red Cross armband for Russian POW

Article about: Hi All ! Need your help with a DAK . It is marked for Schloss Hubertusburg in Rusian and German . Is it original or a fake ? I am leaning toward a fake , but would like your opinion . The pi

?

Default Red Cross armband for Russian POW

Hi All !
    Need your help with a DAK . It is marked for Schloss Hubertusburg in Rusian and German . Is it original or a fake ? I am leaning toward a fake , but would like your opinion . The pictures are from the dealer offering it to me .
    Thanks for your help and time !!
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Cross armband for Russian POW  
    Attached Images Attached Images Red Cross armband for Russian POW 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Cross armband for Russian POW
    P
    Many

?

Could this be just after the war during Russian occupation ?

?

Hi all !
    I'm still trying to figure out what this armband is. Or what the stamps are for , red cross , Geneva inspectors , or what .
    Any ideas ?
    Thank You !!
    Dave

Hi Dave.

I can't help with authenticity, but i found the information below which may be of interest.

Even before the end of the Second World War in 1945, Hubertusburg Castle was used as a military hospital.

On April 25, 1945, the Americans moved into Hubertusburg. On May 5, 1945, the Soviets took power in Wermsdorf. A Russian officers' mess was set up in the palace chapel. During this time the Schramm organ from 1749 was almost completely destroyed, the Soviets cut the leather out of the bellows and stole almost all the pipes. All those in the hospital who were able to walk were released, and some were deported to the so-called Mühlberg Prisoner of War Camp
    Hubertusburg – Wikipedia

Prisoner of War Camp Mühlberg (Stalag IV B)
    It was reused from September 1945 to 1948 by the NKVD under the name "Speziallager Nr. 1 Mühlberg". More than 6,700 people would die in this camp and were buried nearby..
    Prisoners of War Camp Mühlberg (Stalag IV B) - Mühlberg/Elbe - TracesOfWar.com

Schloss Hubertusburg to Mühlberg is approximately 36.2 km or 22.4miles distance, so maybe there is a connection between these two places.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Thank You Will !!
    I read about the castle and being handed over to the Russian , but I missed the part about Prisoner of War Camp Mühlberg .
    I will have to do some more reading on the POW Camp .
    Many Thanks !!!
    Dave

?

Hi all ,
    Just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion on this armband !
    Added a couple more pictures . The red spots are darker almost like dried blood .
    Many Thanks !!!
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Cross armband for Russian POW   Red Cross armband for Russian POW  

As the stamps have no swastika ( like ALL other TR stamps do ) and using the later plain cross form, I would be leaning to a post war usage of this armband.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thank You Danmark !!
    That is what I am thinking also .
    Thanks Again !!
    Dave