Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge

Article about: Hello everyone. Could someone help with the authenticity of the badge please. From research I think this is a RADwJ Third Pattern Rank Brooches in Silver, but this is not my area of collecti

Default Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge

Hello everyone.

Could someone help with the authenticity of the badge please.

From research I think this is a RADwJ Third Pattern Rank Brooches in Silver, but this is not my area of collecting, so any help or corrections are appreciated!

Unfortunately these are the best photos I can provide because I am one of the rare people who doesn't own a smart phone and my USB microscope has decided to die, added to that there is an old repair and corrosion covering the area where the maker mark should be.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge   Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge
    P
    Many

It's an original that is not in the best condition, unfortunately.
    It has had the attachment pin replaced with a safety pin as well.
    Here is my example to compare, this one made by Deumer, in 1941.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph.

Thank you for your help and also showing your example, I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

As with most of these, it is not uncommon at all to see homemade repairs on broken pieces, no doubt, nice original with some extra character, I used to collect these some time ago, but have since lost interest, and sold them, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge   Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge  

Attached Images Attached Images Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks G.

This is not my area of collecting, so it is great to have help from folks who know their stuff!

One a side note, the pieces I have been posting are part of a document group belonging to a husband and wife. The husband was killed in action and his wife (pictured in the photo below) was awarded the kriegsverdienstkreuz for her work commitment and sacrifice.

There is a possibility that the Arbeitsmaid badge I posted for review here is the one that is shown in the photo.

Thank you again for your help and guidance.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsarbeitsdienst Arbeitsmaid badge  

?

Nice grouping, the one thing, without a doubt is that she was with Bezirk XXI Donauland (Wien), not sure if you know the exact number ie; 11/21, 3/21 etc; but if you come across that we may be able to determine an exact location, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Unfortunately I do not know the exact number, but her and her husband were living in Mattighofen.

Mattighofen - Wikipedia

One of the Official letters states -

I congratulate you on being awarded the War Merit Cross in the name of the NS-frauenschaft of the Oberdonau district, so maybe that could be a clue.

Kind regards,

Will.

Sounds like an interesting group Willmore. I found my badge also but the pin had also been replaced at some time. It was one of the first items I was given and helped to spark my interest in military history many years ago now.