Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sa reference book

Article about: Hi I'm more interested with the " SA ", could you give some reference books about the uniform / insignes / headgear / equipment .... of the SA thanks for your help @+, hughes

To expand on Wim's bibliography of primary sources, I got this item in the past year and it is useful. If you can find it, of course, which is not likely since it is rare
    and so forth.Sa reference book

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa reference book
    P
    Many

Wim's book, which is enclosed above, is as good as anything that exists in English.

I use it all the time, and am always satisfied when I do so, which is not the case with the ex army officer poseur drivel.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    It is also unethical in my view, for a former US Army officer, to use his rank in order to sell his books.

The Congress of the United States did not elevate him to this rank for the purposes of writing books for the Nazi regalia market.

More so when the books are sloppily researched.
    I repeat.....

Some authors salt their books with made up or post war assembled pieces they own in order to later pass them off at a greater profit. I recall a book on panzer uniforms that came out about 20 years ago that was loaded with such material including many fantasy items. After the book was published, the majority of the junk hit the market, sold quickly and the new owners discovered they had been had.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Some authors salt their books with made up or post war assembled pieces they own in order to later pass them off at a greater profit. I recall a book on panzer uniforms that came out about 20 years ago that was loaded with such material including many fantasy items. After the book was published, the majority of the junk hit the market, sold quickly and the new owners discovered they had been had.
    You are mentioning a mutual acquaintance who was the new broom in the field when the internet phenomenon exploded. The man was a total crook.
    One does not hear much of him any longer, which is or is not beneficial. I do not dwell on these things, other than the cases of ex US Army officers who
    were also total crooks. These are a bugbear to me for various reasons. US military people more or less invented the collecting of Nazi regalia,
    and the military in the occupation and so forth had its colorful figures and on and on.

The SS insignia book by the certain personage is also a hobby horse of mine.

Conversely, there are many spectacular and excellent books of the highest quality and we cite them each day. Among them are those of Wim.
    And someone could take the material on this site and make it into a book, in fact, but such a thing is beyond me.

Bob is the SA expert, but because of the SA - SS hinge of fate, I do collect books on the SA.

this may have been posted already, but this is specific to the SA and it is in English.

Sa reference bookSa reference bookSa reference bookSa reference bookSa reference book

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3