Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Uniform help

Article about: Context: A while ago, I found a SA armband in my granddad's house, stamped with a rubber stamp similar to the one above, except instead of 'Wernberg' it had 'Leoben' and instead of '11/26' i

Question SA Uniform help

SA Uniform help

Context: A while ago, I found a SA armband in my granddad's house, stamped with a rubber stamp similar to the one above, except instead of 'Wernberg' it had 'Leoben' and instead of '11/26' it had 'M2/3'.
    I'm pretty sure M2 was his 'sturm' and '3' was his standarte, but I may be mistaken.

I would like to know, if possible, what 'Gruppe' this SA-Man was part of and what colours his kepi and collar patches would've been. I know that Leoben is a city in central Austria, so I assume that's where this Sturmtrooper was stationed???

Any other help/information would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Uniform help
    P
    Many

Leoben in Styria would have been in the territory covered by SA-Gruppe Südmark. It used pink [rosarot] collar patches and cap panels.

Red face

Thanks so much for your help

Do you know if i was right about his sturm and standarte being 'm2' and '3'?

The "M" in this place doesn't make sense to me: "2/3"would be the 2nd Sturm of the 3rd Standarte; "2/M3" the 2nd Sturm of the 3rd Motorstandarte, but "M2/3"?

Maybe it was the 2nd motorized sturm of the 3rd standarte? if so, would that change his uniform at all, or would it still be the same as the rest of the SA?

I'm not an expert on the SA's organizational structure, but to my knowledge, there was no Motorsturm in a non-motor Standarte.

(By the way, the Motor-SA was already absorbed by the NSKK in 1934, at a time when the SA in Austria was illegal and underground.)

SA Uniform help
    I found this on SA Collar Tab & Shoulder Board Identification Gallery while I was researching SA collar tabs.

I'll have to find the armband again and get a proper picture of the stamp but I'm like 90% sure it said 'Sturm M2/3'.

Would it be more likely that the owner of the armband was a member of the motor corps instead of the SA then?

SA Uniform help

Here's the stamp!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast