Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia

Article about: I am working on it friends. Hope to get it done today or tomorrow, but remind all will be brief!!

It is not old, not from the Weimar-period, but it is original.

It is from the new Bund. Such small badge/shield, at left, was given
    to visitors of the September 1970-rally. There do exist many more of
    such shields, as they were always a part of a specific annual meeting.

I guess the steel-helmet is also currect, but hardly to identify as
    such, as they were made by the same manufacturer as in the old days.

Is it solid or hollow (both, shield or helmet)?

It is a real pity hardly any additional information was added to my
    various posts here. Is it a lack of interest or is the Stahlhelm-organization
    indeed so unknown by most of the collectors and nobody is able to also
    give information? It makes me sad!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-27-2018 at 02:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia
    P
    Many

The back is hollow. I have pics but can't post them from phone

No need to post pictures.

Okay, as well as the shield and the helmet most often
    are hollow. The solid helmet often was a special version,
    which could be engraved.

Here is the cover from the booklet for the meeting at
    Nördlingen in 1981, as well as a pic from the related
    shield.

Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia

It is an interesting subject to collect all shields from
    the post-war Bund.

as said March 27, 2018:
    It is a real pity hardly any additional information was added to my
    various posts here. Is it a lack of interest or is the Stahlhelm-organization
    indeed so unknown by most of the collectors and nobody is able to also
    give new information about the Stahlhelm-organization

I guess it is indeed so unknown by most of the collectors? Only 27
    members read this thread.
    Or is it:
    let Saris do the work, we wait and see and enlarge our knowledge.

No input makes me sad and I will re-consider if I ever will give for
    free so much information about subjects unknown or hardly known
    about!

I know very little about this organization, so I can not give any input. My interest with the Stahlhelm org. lies with mitgliedsbuch, personelausweis etc.. Sorry, Mr. Saris.
    Stig

Quote by bittaker View Post
    I know very little about this organization, so I can not give any input. My interest with the Stahlhelm org. lies with mitgliedsbuch, personelausweis etc.. Sorry, Mr. Saris.
    Stig
    and YES, these can be interesting too. Often there is a photo which shows the
    uniform or even the worn cuffband or tells us he is from a area difficult to
    find information from.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.

I can only speak for myself here, but I, too, have read this thread with great interest - not least because so little secondary literature on the Stahlhelmbund is available - but cannot contribute anything to it, as I really have nothing to offer on this particular subject.

Still, let me take this oppurtunity to thank Wim for presenting this material!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    not least because so little secondary literature on the Stahlhelmbund is available
    Plans to write a book about the subject failed. Many years ago due to the missing photographs
    from my careless photographer (see also what is said with post 6) from those days; a new plan
    failed also in the last years, as to find a publisher is very difficult. No publisher is waiting to
    release a book, which might not sell as there are not much buyers, they think! So, I gave up
    for good and will not restart.....

In my, in Germany published, book about gorgets the Stahlhelm-organization is dealt with,
    with over 50 pages. I could have told more about the flags. And what to think of my article
    about the "Alte Garde"' Stahlhelm Honor Badges, which I wrote for the spring 2012-issue
    for the US-magazine "Military Advisor" with 14 pages. The list of arm-patches and cuffbands
    for such book would be enormous, as many do not have a slightest idea about this subject!

Default Aus meiner Sammlung etwas Stahlhelm

Habe einiges vom Stahlhelm Bund der Frontsoldaten .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia   Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia  

Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia   Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia  

Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia   Stahlhelm - Bund der Frontsoldaten / system of shoulder-belts and special insignia  

?

Hi I have a question-
    when talking about research on "Stahlhelm" can anyone say somerhing about uniforms, insignias and their usage in the youth-organisation Scharnhorstbund?
    Who did wear which insignia- eg the yellow armband and the sleeve patch, which buckles did they wear before and after the unification with SA and HJ ...? Did only the children wear Scharnhorstbund-buckles and the adults "Stahlhelm"- equipment?

Scharnhorstbund- Uniforms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast