Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Banners?

Article about: Hello, Do these items look authentic, they seem to clean to be originals? Do these types of items usually have a stamp or marking on them? Thanks.

?

Default Swastika Banners?

Hello,

Do these items look authentic, they seem too clean to be originals?

Do these types of items usually have a stamp or marking on them?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Banners?   Swastika Banners?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Banners?
    P
    Many

"they seem too clean to be originals" why would this denote somethings originality ? there are mint and unissued items so this is not a metric that is good to use.

The SS armband looks no good, cant comment on the HJ one but looking at the construction I would not have faith

?

Excuse my ignorance. Yes you're absolutely correct to say that cleanliness is not a good gauge to use for authenticity, even more so these days where ageing techniques have become problematically advanced. The more I look at these examples the more they look rushed in the making and not of high craftsmanship I'd expect from a piece worn 'proudly'.

JMM
    ?

Banners? Or armbands?
    Better and closer pics would help (especially of the back)
    The HJ one might have a chance but a closer look would be needed (doesn't look that clean to me...). Don't like the SS armband at all.

I would like to see better and clear pictures of the Hitler Youth armband.. It may stand a chance..

@ Bullet,,, to answer your question, in some instances armbands did have paper RZM tags on the inside and ink stamps as well.. BUT with that said there have been many attempts to enhance period original armbands with bogus and fake Third Reich ink stamps to deceive and increase prices for sales,,, so a lot of research and studying of these must be done..

Here is a link to some of the more common Third Reich armbands and their variations.. Sadly this site does not have pictures of the backs of the armbands or paper RZM tags...

Armband Identification Gallery

I will also add this disclaimer: I am not sure if all the armbands pictured on that website are all authentic so don't take what they say as written in stone.. They have also added that disclaimer at the top of their page, but it is a decent reference..

Here is an example of a Hitler Youth Armband I have in my collection..

As you can also see the condition of this armband is in very fine condition, and I would suspect only very lightly used if used at all.. Some light soiling on the back and the paper tag is quite legible and intact..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Banners?   Swastika Banners?  

Swastika Banners?  

JMM
    ?

Beautiful kampfbinde Rakkasan187 !

?

they certainly look like armbands to me. not banners.