Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unique Reichsleitung Armband

Article about: Hi, Collector Comrades! I recently was able to purchase this unique NSDAP armband for "Leiter eines Obersten Amtes in der Reichsleitung". Note: This armband is definetly the rarest

Saw this earlier but little time to post. What a great find and acquisition to your political collection. Any idea or info on how this was found by the first person who obtained it after the original owner? I read somewhere not long ago that an item, an brassard if memory is correct that was given to one of the Nurnberg people that was involved with Speer that the brassard was given as a gift. Could this be the same one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Reichsleitung Armband
    P
    Many

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Saw this earlier but little time to post. What a great find and acquisition to your political collection. Any idea or info on how this was found by the first person who obtained it after the original owner? I read somewhere not long ago that an item, an brassard if memory is correct that was given to one of the Nurnberg people that was involved with Speer that the brassard was given as a gift. Could this be the same one?
    Thanks, Rich! Yes, I am also very excited that I can now have such a rare bird in my collection. I first had to think about what you meant by Albert Speer, but I think I know what you mean. "Ulric of England" offers such an armband, which is said to have belonged to Albert Speer and which another man is said to have received as a gift from Albert Speer. And, to answer your question, no, it's not that armband. My armband is in the same beautiful condition, but not yet sewn together. Here is the link to the armband on Ulric's homepage: NSDAP ARMBAND | KREISLEITER

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Thanks, Rich! Yes, I am also very excited that I can now have such a rare bird in my collection. I first had to think about what you meant by Albert Speer, but I think I know what you mean. "Ulric of England" offers such an armband, which is said to have belonged to Albert Speer and which another man is said to have received as a gift from Albert Speer. And, to answer your question, no, it's not that armband. My armband is in the same beautiful condition, but not yet sewn together. Here is the link to the armband on Ulric's homepage: NSDAP ARMBAND | KREISLEITER
    Indeed that's the one & where I read it.

I cruise so many web pages and see so many items and after awhile my mind remembers the details of an item but not who in this case is selling the particular item.

I should be cataloging these rare items with photos and the info but I don't.

I do however catalog items in my collection that I see similar items being sold and track the info with the images, sales price who is selling and the date for reference use and for where the collection value is headed.

My collection is small and with that it is hard enough to keep up with what's going on.

Then when other bits of info come up I track that as well and I think perhaps most collectors are the same way.

You see a particular rare item, are in the right place at the right time, add the item to your collection and you start the copy and paste of newly found images and information and create a file that begins to grow over time.

Congratulations on adding such a rare political brassard to your collection!

I wonder however how many Speer had of these as well as the situation and condition as well as the location of his surrender. No doubt, he had more than one of these.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Indeed that's the one & where I read it.

I cruise so many web pages and see so many items and after awhile my mind remembers the details of an item but not who in this case is selling the particular item.

I should be cataloging these rare items with photos and the info but I don't.

I do however catalog items in my collection that I see similar items being sold and track the info with the images, sales price who is selling and the date for reference use and for where the collection value is headed.

My collection is small and with that it is hard enough to keep up with what's going on.

Then when other bits of info come up I track that as well and I think perhaps most collectors are the same way.

You see a particular rare item, are in the right place at the right time, add the item to your collection and you start the copy and paste of newly found images and information and create a file that begins to grow over time.

Congratulations on adding such a rare political brassard to your collection!

I wonder however how many Speer had of these as well as the situation and condition as well as the location of his surrender. No doubt, he had more than one of these.
    I do indeed feel the same way, Rich! I had only discovered the armband on Ulric's website a few days before I found mine at Weitze in Germany. I was thinking how lucky I would be to be able to own an armband like that! Sometimes life doesn't just have lemons for you!

I also assume that Albert Speer had several armbands like this. He definetly had enough money, even before he became Reich Minister, because he worked as an architect. Ulric writes some things that are wrong and obviously result from ignorance, for example "deputy Reichsleiters" did never exist and no "Leiter eines Ober-Amtes" as well, but he is right about one thing. Namely, that there are no photos of Albert Speer in a party uniform. He did only wear the Org. Todt uniform. As far as I know, he had the rank of "Befehlsleiter" in the NSDAP.

Default "Oberstes Amt" - For clarification of terms.

It has to be noted again and again that there is confusion about the name for the second highest position in the NSDAP. On the one hand, this is due to linguistic difficulties, but on the other hand it is also due to the fact that the term "Oberstes/Supreme (Reichs-) Amt/Office" is usually abbreviated to "Ob. Amt" - even in the NSDAP's organizational book. However, the name can be found written out in full on plate 12 of the 1940 edition (No. 6), while in the 7th and final edition of 1943 it was also printed in abbreviated form on this plate. For a German-speaking person the matter is clear, because the head of an "Ob. Amt" is above the "Leiter eines Hauptamtes/head of a main office", so the abbreviation "Ob." must stand for “Oberstes” and not for “Ober” or “Oberes”.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Reichsleitung Armband   Unique Reichsleitung Armband  

Unique Reichsleitung Armband  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2