Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Tinnie

Article about: Hello everyone, I am posting this on behalf of one of our members in a RAD group, it looks RAD from the shaft of wheat we usually see on the Mutzenabzeichen, but it also has a cogwheel like

?

Default Unknown Tinnie

Hello everyone, I am posting this on behalf of one of our members in a RAD group, it looks RAD from the shaft of wheat we usually see on the Mutzenabzeichen, but it also has a cogwheel like the DAF and a almost X behind it with a horizontal line through the circle like a rune design, and to top it off a double axe (Nordic) ? I really am at a loss and I don't have any books from Reinhard (Tieste) , has anyone seen one of these before or have one or even know what association it might have represented ?? Many Thanks for taking the time to view this post, Oh, this is the only pic we have.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Tinnie  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Tinnie
    P
    Many

G,

I'll look in my Reinhard books when I get home from work in about an hour...

Smitty

?

Thanks Rakkasan187 !

Well,,

I have been through 5 tinnie books and I have not been able to find it yet..

I do have a few more books I can look through.. Will keep you posted..

Smitty

An interesting badge and towards which I am sure a Forum member will recognise, however I wonder if it is actually a German “tagungsabzeichen”?

Are images of the reverse available by the way?

What struck me and hence the comment, was the almost naive and simplistic design which I suppose could be regarded as essentially generic, rather than organisation or event specific.

The cogwheel representing industry, the ear of wheat representing agriculture and the fasces representing either strength through unity or a specific political movement, depending of course on when the badge was actually manufactured.

Perhaps it is worth remembering that the swastika was once an internationally popular, uncontroversial and common symbol before being hijacked by Hitler and similarly so, albeit to a lesser degree the fasces, prior to being associated with the fascism of Mussolini.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thanks Smitty and David !!

I believe it is Vichy French....
    regards, Glenn

?

Quote by Volksdeutsch View Post
    I believe it is Vichy French....
    regards, Glenn
    You are correct ! I just found out from a friend that it is for Mouvement Franciste

The Francist Movement (French: Mouvement Franciste, MF) was a French Fascist and Antisemitic league created by Marcel Bucard in September 1933; it edited the newspaper Le Francisme. Mouvement Franciste reached of membership of 10,000, and was financed by Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. Its members were deemed the francistes or Chemises bleues (Blueshirts), and gave the Roman salute (a paramilitary character which was mirrored in France by François Coty's Solidarité Française).

The Mouvement took part in the violent Paris rallies of 6 February 1934, during which the entire far right (from Action Française to Croix-de-Feu) protested the implications of the Stavisky Affair and possibly attempted to topple the Édouard Daladier government. It incorporated the Solidarité Française after Coty's death later in the same year.

All the 6 February participant movements were outlawed in 1936, when Léon Blum's Popular Front government passed new legislation on the matter. After a failed attempt in 1938, the Movement was refounded as a Party (Parti Franciste) in 1941, after France was overrun by Nazi Germany.

Together with Jacques Doriot's Parti Populaire Français and Marcel Déat's Rassemblement National Populaire, the francistes were the main collaborators of the Nazi occupiers and Vichy France. The Parti Franciste did not survive the end of World War II, and was considered treasonous.
    Info Credit Wiki
    Again, thanks to all that contributed on this thread !! G
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown Tinnie 

Very Good Glenn,

Excellent detective work... I would have never thought that route..

This validates the knowledge base we have here is incredible..

Smitty

An excellent result and I for one have learned something new as prior to Gwar's highly detailed response, I had never heard of the MF.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast