Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?

Article about: Please help decipher the name on this visors name tag. I cannot tell exactly what the last name is. Thank you in advance for your help!

Default Gauleiter Albert Forster

I got another interesting example of PL Uniform Mix. It's Gauleiter Albert Forster of Danzig-Westprussia wearing a 1938 white Summer Tunic with 1938 pattern Gauleiter Collar Tabs and the new 1939 pattern Gauleiter Armband!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?
    P
    Many

Canty imagine the Gauleiters owned many white tunics as brown was the mainstream color. Wonder where the tunic is at now?

Certainly not, I'm assuming that most PL only owned a single white summer tunic. One mustn't forget that such items of clothing were quite expensive at the time, because today's mass production and the throwaway mentality associated with it didn't exist yet. Therefore I suspect that at least some of the white summer tunics continued to be worn after the war, of course without the insignia as civilian clothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2