Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?

Article about: Hello Everyone, Came across this Postschutz buckle on offer, I'm very interested. Compared it to the one Kirby posted in January, to my untutored eye it seems genuine, same maker R.S.& S

?

Default Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?

Hello Everyone,
    Came across this Postschutz buckle on offer, I'm very interested. Compared it to the one Kirby posted in January, to my untutored eye it seems genuine, same maker R.S.& S. although showing signs of more wear, important thing, its the real thing. What do members think. Any information welcome.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?   Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?  

Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?   Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Postschutz Koppelschloss - Members Opinion ?

Alec, looks good to me mate though a little worn, still a hard to come by buckle
    Ben

Yup....she's a good one....as Ben stated: not the easiest buckle to find! Go for it!

Rob

nice buckle and getting scarce to find...

?

I bid 210 euro - it didn't reach the owner reserve price. Bought something else instead.
    Regards

That is still cheap!
    Ben

?

I am at the SOS show and I have only seen one Postschutz for sale. It is a mint nickel one without a tab. It is priced at$700 but the dealers wife says he is take less. Kriby

?

Hi Ben,
    Your most probably right. However there's one mitigating circumstance - the seller had no valuations as a seller or buyer, null rating. It goes against the grain (mine at least) to offer big money to a seller without any track record. I'll try and get in contact with him, explain my interest and concerns, maybe he'll be able to come some way to helping me out. But thanks for your posts.
    Best Wishes
    Alec

In my opinion, the Sieper "Postschutz" in aluminium is far rarer than the nickle silver examples - both with or without a leather tongue being intact or not. It is a very rare buckle, however the rarity and commensurate price is unfortunately compounded by the SS connection.

Regards,

David