Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle

Article about: This was my most recent purchase and second reichswehr buckle. This one is covered in markings, a 1929 date and unreadable makers mark (maybe someone can interpret this maker) ,unit marked

Default 1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle

This was my most recent purchase and second reichswehr buckle. This one is covered in markings, a 1929 date and unreadable makers mark (maybe someone can interpret this maker) ,unit marked “1 ./A R. 17. I” underneath the unit mark is “I.B” and on both sides of the tab is a lone “I” mark.

Overall very happy with this one as I’ve been looking for a 20s example ever since I bought my 1932 example.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Lots of pictures as I tried my best to show all the markings well.

1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1929 Unit Marked Reichswehr Buckle
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not a buckle guy but that got character!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Great buckle. Have you yet discovered the unit marking details ? Here is a unit marked example I have:

Reichswehr - 1935 Unit Marked

Nice pickup Bodhi! And the photos are fantastic!

Andy

I have not discovered the unit markings, is there a good website/book that I can use to find this out for myself? Excellent buckle too!

Thanks Andy! I try my best with the pictures.

?

I believe "I" is for Infantry. I cannot make out the stamp before the /. Think AR.17 which could be 17th Artillery Regiment. Perhaps others here will be able to assist further.

Thanks for the start on it, the full stamp is “1 ./A R. 17. I” and I have been told that last “I” means it was stored until mobilization, however I’m more than happy to stand corrected

?

Looks like the 17th was part of the 6th Infanterie Division:

Divisions of the Reichswehr | TRADOC Files

17.Infanterie-Regiment - Feldgrau

I’m genuinely not sure about pre and interwar designations, but if they are organised in the same way as wartime units, it would be 1./Batterie Artillerie Regiment 17 and the I would mean 1st Abteilung.

An example would be -

Stab
    I. Abteilung mit 1. - 3. Batterie
    II. Abteilung mit 4. - 6. Batterie
    III. Abteilung mit 7. - 9. Batterie
    IV. (schwere) Abteilung mit 10 - 12. Batterie

?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    I’m genuinely not sure about pre and interwar designations, but if they are organised in the same way as wartime units, it would be 1./Batterie Artillerie Regiment 17 and the I would mean 1st Abteilung.
    I was thinking exactly the same.

Does anyone know what the green residue on the back beneath the prongbar is ? I have a Reichsheer buckle with exactly the same sticky green wax, but also a post-war Berlin Polizei buckle that has it.
    Is it residue of maintenance or polishing wax for the metal buckle ? Or some kind of leather wax from the belt ?

Very nice buckle and tab Bodhi !

Kind regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast