Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)

Article about: I am perhaps leading with my chin on this genre of very special and distinct buckle. JungDO or the Young German Order was I think, a right wing para military organisation within the Weimar p

Default Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)

I am perhaps leading with my chin on this genre of very special and distinct buckle.

JungDO or the Young German Order was I think, a right wing para military organisation within the Weimar period and perhaps, the name and the emblem was inspired by the Teutonic Knights (Deutscher Orden).

Nationalistic !!!

The pseudo chivalric group was involved in nationalistic German politics and the youth organisation was sometimes called Jungdeutsche Jugend (Young German Youth) with the motto of "True German in Every Way". The Jungdo's political wing and the Volksnationale Reichsvereinigung (Peoples National and Empire Association), merged with the German Democratic Party and parts of the Christian Social People's Service in 1930, to become the German State Party.

The group was founded by Artur Mahraun in May 1920 in Kassel and the organisation tried to revive ideals of the pre Great War Wandervogel youth movement. The organisation was I think banned by the NSDAP in 1933.

As I say, leading with my chin on this one !!

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)

?

David,

Amazing collection of JungDo buckles. I especially like the one with the Latin script motto!

It would be a pity for this thread to slide of the screen, as there are so many variants, to include very interesting round buckles. So, to put it back to the top, here are pictures of my one and only, albeit pretty bog standard, JungDo. Please, all, do show yours (Bill?)

Rgds
    Karl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)   Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

?

David, my favourite piece from your selection is the grey painted one - a great buckle!

Here is my only one and it came together with this badge.

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)   Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

David, Kurt and Guido - great buckles ! And I must echo Guido - Davids grey JuDo buckles is outstanding. Here are my ones :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungdeutsche Orden (JungDO)  

closer :

-----......-----

last but not least - the one I like the most :

Karl, Guido and Thomas

Thankyou for showing your Jungdeutsche Orden buckles.

In my opinion, a rare and interesting buckle and it would be wonderful to see more added here.

Karl, you are being somewhat prophetic by saying "...it would be a pity for this thread to slide of the screen...". It would be a pity, however this thread will be dead and forgotten within the course of a month. It is a simple fact of life that for any forum, certain buckles will always generate interest irrespective of rarity. The Jungdeutsche Orden buckle is not one of these.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast