Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Later Stahlhelm Buckle

Article about: Guys, Was digging through the box and ran across this later variety Stahlhelm buckle. Another flea market find in Germany during the early 80's. No markings that I could find. It was covered

Default Later Stahlhelm Buckle

Guys,

Was digging through the box and ran across this later variety Stahlhelm buckle. Another flea market find in Germany during the early 80's.

No markings that I could find. It was covered with a very sticky substance that I never completely got off and it discolored some of it.

Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Later Stahlhelm Buckle   Later Stahlhelm Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Later Stahlhelm Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Later Stahlhelm Buckle

Glenn

The one and only "officially approved" Der Stahlhelm buckle and jolly nice too.

It is sometimes thought that the exact design was always constant, although perhaps not so. I think that there are some minor variations to the design features and hopefully this may be apparent from the attached images.

Regards,

David

I have this buckle that my Uncle (Sherman Tanker in WWII) gave me in the 60's, all I can find out is it is supposedly a WWI "Veterans" buckle?

Does anyone know exactly what it is? was for?

A well known design "Stahlhelmbund" buckle and probably manufactured by Overhoff. An excellent example of the type and highly sought after within the collecting community.

Regards,

David

David,

NICE BUCKLES! Just how many buckles do you have? And how do you recommend displaying them? I have been looking at my ugly box that I keep mine in and think it is about time to display them. I have a few pictures from a collector book showing buclkes displayed on leather belts in a frame and thought about doing that.

Glenn

Glenn

Default Displaying Buckles

Glenn

I am sorry that I cannot help you, as I do not display any of my buckles.

Once I receive a buckle, it is catalogued/photographed and then, placed in a box, never to see the light of day again.

For myself, all the enjoyment is "in the chase", rather than "the kill", if you know what I mean.

Regards,

David

David,

Yep, I understand. I enjoy the "Easter Egg" hunting (as I refer to it) more than actually having the item. However, I am loath to part with anything once I lay my hands on it. When I die someone will have a great time at the yard sale!

Still, I'm thinking about some sort of display. I have a lot of WWI buckles that I think will look nice and having several on a belt with multiple belts in a frame may be the way to go.

Glenn

Glenn

For display purposes - I use riker mount cases with inserts that hold the buckles in place.....Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. It works.....

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Later Stahlhelm Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Later Stahlhelm Buckle 

Wow, Rob! Now that's what I need (including all of the buckles). What are "riker" boxes? Is that a name brand or a type of box (forgive me, but I'm in lower Alabama).

This is the embarrassment I'm currently using.

Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Later Stahlhelm Buckle  

I'm sure you can find these display cases online (can't remember the name of the company but I'm sure some other buckle guys will know). If you have the chance to go to a militaria show - there's sure to be a guy there selling some of these with the more expensive wooden display cases.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast