Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Out of my league..

Article about: Hello All,Geoff here.I was just offered this piece but am not very knowledgeable about buckles..I cannot find any markings but the quality of the cell phone photos are somewhat lacking.I was

Default Out of my league..

Hello All,Geoff here.I was just offered this piece but am not very knowledgeable about buckles..I cannot find any markings but the quality of the cell phone photos are somewhat lacking.I was hoping to get some feedback as far as thoughts on authenticity or what or where to check?

Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Out of my league..   Out of my league..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of my league..
    P
    Many

There appears to be remnants of a "Field Grey" color or something similar in color were these buckles originally painted? Should the construction material be Magnetic or perhaps Brass or Zinc?

?

Interesting buckle. Would not be zinc. Is is magnetic? The color throws me off a bit, and the lack of detail on the backside. Has a chance of being real but just in rather rough condition and not preserved well. Hope you get a few other opinions.

Photographed against the yellow isn't a great idea. I think it looks like an original ground found in good substance.

Thank you Blackcat! I couldn't agree more about the Yellow! just didn't want to pursue if it was an obvious fake.(Not my pics)

Regards,Geoff

Hey Guys,couldn't resist the price! Just wanted some opinions with a couple of better pics any comments appreciated

Regards,GeoffOut of my league..Out of my league..

For me an original nickel buckle, condition not great but original. The catch could have been replaced at some point
    Ben