Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbanner Youth buckle

Article about: Hello lads!! Not sure if I ever posted this buckle on this forum. It's a Reichsbanner buckle that I'm quite fond of. In good condition with the "dirty" prongs that are found on oth

Default Reichsbanner Youth buckle

Hello lads!! Not sure if I ever posted this buckle on this forum. It's a Reichsbanner buckle that I'm quite fond of. In good condition with the "dirty" prongs that are found on other buckles. Has anyone ever been able to ID the maker who used these types of prongs on their buckles?

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbanner Youth buckle   Reichsbanner Youth buckle  

Reichsbanner Youth buckle   Reichsbanner Youth buckle  

Reichsbanner Youth buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichsbanner Youth buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbanner Youth buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsbanner Youth buckle

Very nice buckle, Rob! I think perhaps just Reichsbanner rather than "youth" as I think that one is the attached buckle from CG (although I could well be wrong here.) I still need to get a Reichsbanner buckle. I love the "ugly" claws too... Interestingly, in my experience these seem to always appear on the same type box with it's particular slot catch and "ears". It is a distinctive maker, I think. Attached here also is my DRK displaying the ugly claws and these features. Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbanner Youth buckle   Reichsbanner Youth buckle  

The one from Collector's Guild:
    The Collector's Guild

Hey Adam....not sure what you mean about the one on CG's site? If you mean that my example is the one pictured there - I doubt it as I've had this example in my collection for years. You've got a nice DRK buckle there. I have other buckles with the same prongs....will go through them and see if I can find them. I think one is an SA example.

Cheers man!

Rob

Hey Rob. What I meant to say is that I think the buckle you posted is simply Reichsbanner and not Reichsbanner Youth per se. As I understand it, the buckle featured on the CG site is the Reichsbanner jugend buckle proper. Attached here are images of an SA out David's extensive and exmplary collection and which features the "ugly claws" with the related box features. Bring on the ugly prongs!

Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichsbanner Youth buckle  Reichsbanner Youth buckle 

I get it Adam! Thanks for clearing that up. I found one of the other buckles that have these prongs - and as you've noted...it's the same box on the buckle: certianly another characteristic of this unknown maker. This buckle is a silver SA/nskk example with sunwheel swastika. Here are some pics....

Cheers!

Rob

Reichsbanner Youth buckle   Reichsbanner Youth buckle  

OOPS.....should have added a pic of the front of the buckle....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbanner Youth buckle