Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stahlhelm Frontheil buckle

Article about: Good day dear friends, I would, again, like to ask for your opinions on a potential new buckle to my collection. The pictures are taken from the seller’s website (of whom I have not any re

?

Default Stahlhelm Frontheil buckle

Good day dear friends,

I would, again, like to ask for your opinions on a potential new buckle to my collection.

The pictures are taken from the seller’s website (of whom I have not any reason to distrust), so better pictures are not available I am afraid.

The reason for my doubt is the attachment of the roundel. I think I have read somewhere on the forum (or elsewhere) that those split pin type of roundel attachments would not be original…
    But I can not retrace this information or find any other about it.

I could be totally wrong, without a doubt, and therefore your help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm Frontheil buckle   Stahlhelm Frontheil buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm Frontheil buckle
    P
    Many

Hello Joost. For me, this is not original.

I look at the soldering, attachment and last but not the least , the prongs that have not so nice cutted ends.
    And that attachment is known on many fake SA buckles.

But strange attachments happened, here is a SA buckle from my collection

Not one for me, I dont like the box, the solder, the roundel is awful
    Ben

And here is a buckle that I really like and still regret that I did not buy.

?

I thought I read something about that attachment being seen with fakes.

Too bad. But happy I asked before buying.

I must admit the box and its front made me doubt my own negative conclusion at first, thinking it looked quite original… still lots and lots to learn I guess.

Thanks guys !

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    And here is a buckle that I really like
    Nice one Kenny ! Also an uncommon attachment (?).

I’ve seen the attachment as on the first buckle (post 2) before, I think on a Württemberg or Preußen Kaiserreich era buckle.

Yes the roundel and box looks bad as well. There is MANY of these fake Stahlhelm and SA buckles out there from the same series.

The attachment from post 4 is very unusual but I like the Whole thing about it.

Now, it is friday so I can go down in the Basement and listen my favorite dutch DJ.
    DJ Partyraiser

?

Well it now is my first experience with a reliable and respected seller probably selling a not so reliable item, as I have been warned for as it happens with lots of good sellers.

Enjoy the weekend mate, Ha en trevlig helg !

How do you neighbours rate your favourite music ?

?

Fake buckle but you will find an original. A lot of dealers don’t know buckles. I watch a YouTube video from Tom Whitman at the 2021 Max Show. A guy showed him a SS officers buckle. It was a easy fake to spot. Tom and the guy were talking like they know buckles. He offered to sell it to Whittmann. Now I see what I think is the same buckle listed for $1795.

?

Hi Joost - agree with the others, a rather rough looking fake. You will find a good one in time. Good that you posted the buckle here before buying. Here is a link to my example. Has a dent on the roundel but the price was good.

Frontheil w/Belt

Kenny - the SA buckle in post #4 is interesting. Don't see many examples with straight sides and no ears.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast