Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stahlhelmbund

Article about: Hi all, I have been reading up on the Stahlhelm organization and I did not know that it was actually an armed organization? According to Wikipedia they were also used as part of the Ordenen

Default Re: Stahlhelmbund

Klinger, thank you very much.

Jean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelmbund
    P
    Many

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    Klinger, thank you very much.

Jean
    youre welcome

Dear Klinger

Great link to the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP ! Many thanks.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Klinger

Great link to the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP ! Many thanks.

Regards,

David
    i try my best

?

Klinger,

I must echo David's words of thanks. This is outstanding. How do you do it? I know that a lot of really good stuff can be downloaded from Google Books - in the US. Due to German conceptions of copyright law, I am able to find many tempting books, but unable to download them - one might say I'm semi-deprived: led to water but unable to drink (an apt quote from a well-known film, although I wish I'd come up with it myself).

David,

Thanks for the very extensive quote on the Stahlhelm. Just to add to that, although a right-wing organisation as large as the Stahlhelm had its revolutionjary elements, the organisation was also deemed a safe and respectable, conservative, option for middle/upper middle/upper class guys who had arranged themselves with the Republic but were actually yearning for the good old days of the monarchy. Of course when Hitler took power all coordinates shifted, the Stahlhelm was finally absorbed into the SA as "Reserve II" (if I remember correctly in 1935) after having first transmuted into the NS Frontkämpferbund or suchlike, and Seldte was of course Reich Minister for Labour from the beginning of Hitler's chancellorship. Call it, according to your ideological background, grudgingly adapting to the powers that be, or alternatively the fulfillment of long-held beliefs. I would only submit that becoming an SA member as "Reserve II" (the 2nd reserve) must have carried the same prestige within the SA as the "Stahlhelm Landsturm" had within the Stahlhelm, i.e. bottom of the pecking order.

Best regards, Kurt

you will find a lot of not copyrighted books of this period for free at archive.org and project gutemberg this is allwasy a good source to research things as the have to be and where promotet in the 3reich period

Dear Kurt

I am in total agreement with what you have suggested toward the core values and initial basic philosophy of Der Stahlhelm, however you have of course touched upon another enigmatic subject of the SA Reserve II. "...the Stahlhelm was finally absorbed into the SA as "Reserve II" (if I remember correctly in 1935) after having first transmuted into the NS Frontkämpferbund or suchlike...". Do you have any further information about SA Reserve II apart from referring to that irritating little badge ( a pint glass of Guinness with wings ) that abounds on the auction sites?

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2