Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle

Article about: Hello All, Here is an interesting buckle which is being labeled an "Early Fighter" buckle. It is described as likely being a prototype design or limited production run for purchase

Default Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle

Hello All,

Here is an interesting buckle which is being labeled an "Early Fighter" buckle. It is described as likely being a prototype design or limited production run for purchase by former Freikorps members and veterans. The box measures 5.4 by 4.4cm and the construction all looks period to me but I have just never seen this kind of roundel before...very near to a WWI wound badge.

Any comments and opinions would be most welcome and appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle   Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unidentified Stahlhelm Buckle

A dealer had an identical buckle a the 2011 SOS. I liked the buckle but I thought it was way over price.

Never seen one before? At first glance I thought it was just a wound badge stuck on, but of course it is different with the addition of the small Iron Cross at the bottom. This makes me want to think it might be original. But I don't know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks very cool. A first for me....never seen this type of buckle before. Would love to have one in my collection. I wonder how much these cost? Also wonder if they could possibly be a patriotic type buckle rather than a Der Stahlhelm buckle. Regardless....would love to find one for my collection!
    Cheers!

Rob

Hello All,

Many thanks for the replies on this interesting buckle. I really have no qualms about originality other than I have just never seen another even documented anywhere. Not sure if Stahlhelmbund-related or a patriotic buckle of some sorts but I think the Kriegerverein/veterans context is quite clear and likely civil use. Price on this one was $350 USD but who knows what kind of deal given the lack of reference. Kirby, what was the one you saw being offered for?

Interested and looking forward to further comments!

Best,
    Adam

I only know this one at the weitze homepage...
    https://www.weitze.net/detail/79/Sta...nd__51279.html

Thank you, Max. Indeed...the very same "Rollenverschluß" construction. I believe Rob has this type buckle in his enviable collection

Best,
    Adam

?

I think the buckle was priced around $250. It wasn't at one of the big dealers table. It may be the same buckle.

Maybe this dealer...
    Early Fighter's Belt Buckle

Nicely done, Max... Indeed it is the same buckle from this dealer' site. Kirby, do you think this is the same buckle you saw at the SOS? The price is quite high in my opinion.

Best,
    Adam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast