Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Buckle by JFS Opinions needed

Article about: Hello, I was hoping for opinions on this buckle that was listed as an unissued KM by JFS. I don't generally collect buckles but I like to have one nice representation from each branch. Your

?

Default KM Buckle by JFS Opinions needed

Hello, I was hoping for opinions on this buckle that was listed as an unissued KM by JFS. I don't generally collect buckles but I like to have one nice representation from each branch. Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Buckle by JFS Opinions needed
    P
    Many

?

Dealers love to call these KM buckles to bump the price. It is just a blue black finished mid to late war buckle. I see lots of these JFS blue black buckle in excellent to mint condition.

?

Thank you, I'm familiar with the practice in other areas of collecting so it doesn't surprise me. I'm just happy to have a nice original Heer buckle then in pristine condition. I don't think I overpaid too much at $185 but if I did I'm OK with it. My only other Heer buckle is a nice well worn version below. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Al

?

Certainly a very nice unissued buckle. I've seen dealers list these as KM for a much higher price than you paid. Overall, KM buckles are a bit hard to find and on the pricey side, and the number of makers is rather small. If I see a nice example for sale I'll send it your way

Forum thread of KM makers:

Kriegsmarine Buckles

?

Thanks for your help and the link.
    Regards, Al

?

JFS was a supplier of the Kriegsmarine so it has a better possibility of being used by the KM. There are green JFS buckles with a leather tab with the KM eagle M stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Buckle by JFS Opinions needed   KM Buckle by JFS Opinions needed  

Very nice mint JFS buckle also I like the worn alu buckle with Gebr. Kugel u Fink marked leather tab, the stitch is loose and the tab is not placed in the correct position, look under the the post prongs sleeve, this maker stamped here his buckles

?

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    Very nice mint JFS buckle also I like the worn alu buckle with Gebr. Kugel u Fink marked leather tab, the stitch is loose and the tab is not placed in the correct position, look under the the post prongs sleeve, this maker stamped here his buckles
    Thanks for all the input. I've had this buckle so long I Don't think I ever photographed it properly. Those are the original website photo's. I never realized how much of the original green paint is present on the reverse and on the recesses of the front. I photographed the maker stamp and reversed the tab.

Regards, Al

Very nice!
    GKuF marking in old characters

Great mint buckle by JFS, you do see quite a lot of these in this condition. Late war issue Heer buckle, as yet no proof or link to it being a KM buckle
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast