Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine

Article about: Goodmorning friends, I hope all is well with you. I have been very busy the past months so I did not have much opportunity to be at the forum unfortunately. I would like to ask your help wit

?

Default Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine

Goodmorning friends, I hope all is well with you. I have been very busy the past months so I did not have much opportunity to be at the forum unfortunately.

I would like to ask your help with a buckle I recently added to my collection.

It appears to be an Imperial or interbellum era box with two common holes on the back.
    The prong-bar has a sleeve, but a quite unusual very tight one and the prongs seem somewhat smaller than normal, but having the same width as common prongs so fitting normal belts.
    As clear on the pictures, it has no ears at all. The buckle is normally sized. It has no markings.

It has a homemade trench-art like shield on the front that obviously replaced the original roundel or other symbol.

The only information from the seller was it being a Baltic Cross, which after searching for that, it is not, in my opinion. Also mentioned was the word resistance.

I have no clue, at all, whether this is from the era or made years after. Whether it was used in a Kriegerverein, a scoutingclub or something else. Some Baltic resistance movement without a doubt triggers the imagination but I think it looks more like post WW1 Kriegerverein symbolism.

It looks like it’s made a very long time ago. The buckle is really worn, and so is the shield.

The buckle intrigued me and it wasn’t too expensive so I decided to start the search for its history.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you and take care. Kind regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine   Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine  

Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange buckle with replaced shield, civilian or Kriegervereine
    P
    Many

Must admit I have never seen one before, I will look through the Angolia book to see if there is anything similar
    Ben

?

Thank you Ben. I really appreciate it.