Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?

Article about: I got this early 1847 Prussia buckle today. Not marked, no Leather Tab. What are the opinions, good or fake?

?

Default Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?

I got this early 1847 Prussia buckle today. Not marked, no Leather Tab. What are the opinions, good or fake?

Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?
    P
    Many

?

Three solder points is never good, the prongs and bar look to new. I say not a good one. See what other collectors say. Grüße

?

Three solder points in a row is fake on third Reich period buckles. I believe some Imperial buckles with three holes in a triangle are original. Not a big imperial buckle collector so I don’t know if this one is original.

?

Since I commented, I do see Imperial examples with three-point solders, including the 1847, that are original. Good to know since I plan to add one of these buckles as I recently received this photo of my great-great grandfather wearing this buckle.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good? 

Now becoming very heavily faked, three solder points in that configuration is ok, for me nice original buckle
    Ben

?

Thank you for the opinions! 1847 buckles also have originals with 3 soldering points.
    What I like: the locket very well soldered on. What I don't like: The font is of different thickness (U) and the line at the (N) is crooked. And the actually too good condition. Maybe there are other opinions.
    Great photo weller

?

Dear Ben Evans, Your opinion means a lot to me! I have seen many buckles reviewed by you, you are a real professional.
    Actually, I believe in an original - because - I got a small collection of 4 buckles. Three absolute originals from the Third Reich (LW, HJ, Army) and this 1847 prussian buckle were included.

Awesome picture Jeff. Great piece of your history.

I know nothing about these types of buckles but I cant find anything wrong with it.

?

Hello,
    Yes it`s a original..
    The "early" variants had the 4 soldering points on the m48, the "later" ones had 3 soldering points..
    Here is my m48
    Regards
    The kabl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?   Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?  

Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?  

?

Hey Gents,
    Here pics of the "early" m48
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?   Early 1847 Prussian - fake or good?