Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

Article about: Hi, all. I saw this buckle that I hadn't seen before and haven't had a chance to research it. I think it's supposed to be circa 1914. Does anyone have any thoughts on this as far as authenti

Default Re: "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

In WW1 Wuerttemberg troops made up about 11% of the German Army. They were closely alined withthe Prussian army, however, I have read they maintained the use of their own buckle till the end of the war. (In case you are unfamiliar with the German army, it was not a totally national army, many kingdoms, duchies, and so on maintained their own, but had to follow certain standards. The pre war and early war German army was filled with al kinds of very interesting different badges, Wappen and so on to show the history, honours and linage of the units!)

About 80-120 $ and steel does cost more. There are some fake steel ones (I have two) and the modern copies that I have seen all have the cut out for the buckle hoop, and not the "C" loop
    This is a nice buckle. I have to look up in my books but I fear it is too hot today to do it, but, I am thinking it is a 1895 model, and not the 1847 (47 is larger, and has steps in the back for the buckle catch). I don't know there was an 1870 version. Maybe I have overlooked that date and chapter!
    Jagdhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Furtchlos Und Trew" Buckle

Quote by leej11 View Post
    I.........
    I would pick ones that are close together so you can hit up 2 or 3 in a morning. Sometimes Im at one for only 15 minutes because theres nothing good and I go to the next one. Try to map it out like a trip. The best are ones that might say its all out of the basements and attics. Sometimes they advertise this on the internet like the sights you mentioned. .....
    Regards, Lee
    Same thing here.
    I am goign to check the sites!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Coat of Arms Phrase

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Hi, all. I saw this buckle that I hadn't seen before and haven't had a chance to research it. I think it's supposed to be circa 1914. Does anyone have any thoughts on this as far as authenticity or worth? Are these scare at all? Any info or opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi! I was recently doing genealogy for my father's lineage. My mom is another story. Lol. My dad's side goes to Germany. There is this little place called Baden-Wurttemburg. The .. Furchtlos Und Trew.. is the phrase for the Wurttemburg coat of arms. It's that simple. Look it up on wiki. The seal, the antlers, etc. it dates back hundreds of years.

Coat of arms of Wurttemberg - Wikipedia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2