Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

imperial Bavaria belt and buckle on E-bay ?

Article about: This imperial Bavaria belt and buckle was on e-bay. Is it right? I have never seen a belt painted white before. The front of the buckle look OK to me, but again I have never seen a back like

?

Default imperial Bavaria belt and buckle on E-bay ?

This imperial Bavaria belt and buckle was on e-bay. Is it right? I have never seen a belt painted white before. The front of the buckle look OK to me, but again I have never seen a back like this.

Germany Parade buckle white belt Bavaria WW1 ORIGINAL - eBay (item 260508389804 end time Nov-24-09 09:23:19 PST)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement imperial Bavaria belt and buckle  on E-bay ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: imperial Bavaria belt and buckle on E-bay ?

I was just wondering, the back of the belt look original me, and if I come across another one like it, I would know what I am looking at.

Georg, originally in brown and simply lacquered white, the belt was indeed used as a 'parade' belt, together with a whitened frog and white gloves, used with soldiers parade tunic the 'Dunkelblau' uniform. They are desirable and rare, the e bay one was cheap....because i suspect of lack of knowledge.

?

Thanks for the information, but what about the back of the buckle, I have a few Imperial buckles but have never seen one made like that one? I was thinking that 50 bucks was a good price, if it was good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture imperial Bavaria belt and buckle  on E-bay ?   imperial Bavaria belt and buckle  on E-bay ?  

Hi Georg, I'm sorry; but I'm not happy with the buckle. The solder looks new (compared to the rusty pins & roller) & I've not seen that type of fixing before. Also the way the pins are cut at the end opposite to each other is a classic fake indicator, Cheers, Richard.

Georg, DUJAILAH is right , still a cheap laquered belt despite a bad buckle, however, when does one know when these belts were painted ?........we just know they were !..wether the paint is of the correct period is another matter !

Hi, I agree with Oradour. The belt looks like an a perfectly good parade type. Please can we have some more pics of the catch or any markings? The belt alone is a bargain at $50 & I would be happy to have it in my collection. As for buckles have a look at my thread: -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ckles-10285-4/

Cheers,

Richard.