Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial brocade

Article about: Hello members picked this belt up at this years MAX . Can anyone please identify what the brocade is .The buckle is Prussian but it does not have the brocade you would normally see . Set see

Default Imperial brocade

Hello members picked this belt up at this years MAX . Can anyone please identify what the brocade is .The buckle is Prussian but it does not have the brocade you would normally see . Set seems to have always been together . Underneath the sliders which are silver the gold facing is bright not toned, backing is a green color ,belt doesn’t seem to have been worn . The facing puzzles me as too a specific organization or rank .Any feedback would please be welcome . Thanks charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial  brocade   Imperial  brocade  

Imperial  brocade   Imperial  brocade  

Imperial  brocade   Imperial  brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial  brocade
    P
    Many

?

While it certainly looks old and original, there is no possible use for such a brocade pattern in the Prussian army. Most probably, a brocade for for shooting or carnival associations(Schützenverein, Karnevalsverein). It is well documented that these kinds of associations used brocade belts loosely modelled on the Prussian officer pattern, with the brocades being available in various colours.

Thanks Kurt D I thought it might be Schutzenverein do to backing color . Is there a site or published photos I can use for reference on the above organizations ? The brocade seemed definitely period and different .It displays well .Thanks charlie