Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial brocades for who?

Article about: Hello members I have a question for the members I have three brocades I know the buckles but not the patterns on the facings.The solid gold Wuerttemberg buckle was unstitched by previous col

Default Imperial brocades for who?

Hello members I have a question for the members I have three brocades I know the buckles but not the patterns on the facings.The solid gold Wuerttemberg buckle was unstitched by previous collector to display with other buckles .I don’t know way some collectors do that but I have seen it a lot over the years. The other two weren’t taken apart . The facing is similar on both .Any ideas wold be appreciated. Thank you looking for everyone’s input charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial  brocades  for who?   Imperial  brocades  for who?  

Imperial  brocades  for who?   Imperial  brocades  for who?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial  brocades  for who?
    P
    Many

?

A very odd set up compared to other construction traits, I would hazard to guess that the buckle may have been tampered with at some point.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial  brocades  for who?   Imperial  brocades  for who?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Just another thought, are we sure this buckle is from the Wurttemberg area ?

Gwar.The first two pictures are Wurttemberg buckles the last Prussian .On the Prussian the keepers silver matches the buckle ,as far as the rollover for the keeper it appears that it is bent over the same on both brocades but I see no evidence of bend or plier mark on either one All I can say the are odd brocades with silk backing .Prussian is thirty two inches Wurttemberg is thirty four inches with gold painted buckle and keepers paint matches .The first all gold brocade is thirty nine inches .Given the small size of the other two I wonder if they are for a child ?I have a small navy brocade with purple backing and sliders with three red stripes with Prussian painted silver buckle length is small it would fit a small child .Its combination makes no sense . My friend TomReid says possibly for a child definitely not standard military so maybe that what these are .The first though would fit a young adult Thanks Charlie

?

?

I also found this of all places on Ebay, here is the description 'Imperial German, WW1 Prussian Line Officer's Belt Buckle w/o side fastener' whether or not original I cannot comment on, I hope this and the above link get's you closer to an answer to the questions you have. G

Imperial  brocades  for who?  

My parents had a recliner chair that was upholstered with yellow or gold striped fabric like what the material is on the 2nd belt posted here. This is not an Imperial era brocade belt.

Whoever you sourced these belts and buckles from how ever many years ago sold you some bogus items for sure. Sorry.