Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial buckle

Article about: Hello all, hope to be a regular here. Just wanted to get everyone’s input on this buckle, if it legit and if it is, any hints as to year it was made. Thanks

Default Imperial buckle

Hello all, hope to be a regular here.
    Just wanted to get everyone’s input on this buckle, if it legit and if it is, any hints as to year it was made. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial buckle   Imperial buckle  

Imperial buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial buckle
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome. Hopefully some of our buckle experts will be around shortly to help
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello, I'm not an expert, just a buckle collector, to take the risk. Imo, your "M95" buckle is fine. The production time was from 1895 to ~1914/15. It was worn longer (until 1918). In 1915 it was replaced by the "Model 95/15" (iron etc with medallion), then in 1916 by the embossed steel buckle (M16).
    Regards
    The kabl

Thank you for the response Kabl, greatly appreciated. I plan to have a leathermaker throw a strap on the buckle and wear it like it’s supposed to be worn.

?

Nice original buckle. I have seen this construction on several Imperial buckles.

?

Hello, you don't necessarily need a tab, there were troops that wore the buckles without a tab and some where it made sense/was needed and the tab (Leather tongue, and the Widerhalt) ) was "issued/added" to the buckle. It's okay in terms of wearing it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial buckle   Imperial buckle  

Imperial buckle   Imperial buckle  

Imperial buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial buckle  Imperial buckle  Imperial buckle  Imperial buckle 

Those are cool buckles Kabl! Thanks for sharing.
    I’ve been trying to get my head around the construction of the belt. I have another piece that came with it that looks like it is supposed to hook on to the little welded bar that’s attached to the back of the buckle. I think those pictures shared give me a little better idea to relay that to the leather guy. I think this makes such a cool belt to wear, I’m excited to get a strap thrown on it