Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?

Article about: Hi guys, Just got this Prussian buckle and belt. the buckle is marked DRGM, I know what that means, but was it only put on private puchase buckles? I'm also thinking the prongs have been rep

Default Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?

Hi guys,

Just got this Prussian buckle and belt. the buckle is marked DRGM, I know what that means, but was it only put on private puchase buckles? I'm also thinking the prongs have been repaired by the looks of it.

The belt is maker marked and dated 1913, also pencilled name and unit marked. Unit looks like JR III and a 1913 date. Is there a good web resource for Imperial unit id? Is Jager Regiment 3 Bavarian rather than Prussian?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?   Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?  

Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?   Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?  

Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?   Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?
    P
    Many

?

I have had a few Imperials with the DRGM marked prong bar. A nice looking buckle.

Go to The Kaisers Bunker and you will find a section on unit marking on pickelhaubes . They should be the same.

Default Re: Imperial Prussian Brass/Nickle marked DRGM ?

There's a few in the Imperial thread: -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...kles-10285-57/

Nice buckle Lenny, I have a DRGM marked buckle myself but for the life of me cannot remember what its on LOL I am at work at mo so cannot go and look either Doh!
    Ben

nice one.

Nice Imperial Lenny. timothy

Hello,

DRGM marked buckles are usually private purchase items of better quality than the standard issue ones

Concerning the leather belt, I think that the marking J.R. 111 stands for Infanterie Regiment 111 Margraf Ludwig Wilhelm, third regiment of Baden, garrissoned at Rastatt

The prussian buckle was worn by Baden, Oldenburg and various other units such as Hanseatic regiments

Huge thanks for that info... I was happy to get this belt and buckle as the seller hadn't noticed the belt markings I don't think. It came in at a good price, so I was very happy. I'm not convinced the buckle has always been on the belt (almost definetly knowing the seller) so I've moved the buckle onto an Imperial parade belt I had and put another Prussian buckle on this belt...

Quote by HERVEPARIS View Post
    Hello,

DRGM marked buckles are usually private purchase items of better quality than the standard issue ones

Concerning the leather belt, I think that the marking J.R. 111 stands for Infanterie Regiment 111 Margraf Ludwig Wilhelm, third regiment of Baden, garrissoned at Rastatt

The prussian buckle was worn by Baden, Oldenburg and various other units such as Hanseatic regiments