MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One piece Prussian buckle opinions please

Article about: Looking for some help on a one piece Prussian buckle I recently acquired. A little bit outside of my collecting knowledge. Not magnetic, no markings. The material seems polished. Original or

Default One piece Prussian buckle opinions please

Looking for some help on a one piece Prussian buckle I recently acquired. A little bit outside of my collecting knowledge. Not magnetic, no markings. The material seems polished. Original or reproduction? All opinions good or bad are appreciated.
    John

One piece Prussian buckle opinions pleaseOne piece Prussian buckle opinions pleaseOne piece Prussian buckle opinions pleaseOne piece Prussian buckle opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One piece Prussian buckle opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Interesting that it is nickel or nickel over brass. I know there are some Prussian pickelhaubes with nickel fittings. I believe they were for some specific units. Check out the Kaisers Buncker. Lots of great info. I am not up on Imperial enough to say 100% good or bad.

Thanks for the info. Good resource but could not find a comparable.
    John

Any other ideas or opinions on this one please.
    John

?

Check out the sticky thread on Imperial buckles. It has over 600 posts. You might find one like yours.

I tried that before asking and did not come up with anything. The seller used the word 'rare' which normally means nothing but in this case it might not be rare but us tough to find info on and it is an earlier period than I am used to collection. It does not appear to be a reproduction to me but I am not sure.
    John

?

I think the buckle is original. Here is my friend imperial buckle. He has some that look like yours,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture One piece Prussian buckle opinions please  

I like the buckle, looks to have been cleaned up with fine wire wool IMO. Look at the prongs, there is early HJ/DJ with these prongs made of brass. I have a an Imperial Feuerwehr buckle with these prongs, will post pics later.
    Ben

Thank you for the replies and letting me know the details. Much appreciated.
    John

The buckle that started this post and in my opinion, appears to be a post "Great War" and 1930's manufactured example. Essentially, made for those to wear as a commemorative item. Quite a few period (1930's) catalogues include this generic buckle and attached is an image from one such.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast