Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate opinions on this Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set. The lightweight brass belt hook and corresponding pressed-in catch on the buckle would lead me to think

?

Hello Kurt,
    Thanks for the reply..
    Yes, the patent goes to WKC and concerns the type of attachment of the rondel.
    My statement referred to the box (especially the ears) and the similarity to Seyffarth boxes...which can certainly be used with a Prussian roundel on a privately purchased buckle...
    Greetings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?
    P
    Many

?

No argument as to Saxon manufacturers having made buckles for other states' armies as well. The Gebrauchsnuster refers not only to be roundel attachment, but to the box construction as well: ""Schloss für Infanteriekoppel, gekennzeichnet durch einen vom leicht ablösbaren Wappenschild verdeckten, zungenförmigen Einschnitt." My objection refers to your transfer of a Saxon "interim" model between the M1847 and the M1895 to Prussia, for which there is absolutely no evidence base. The WKC Gebrauchsmuster marking can be found on buckles with varying box construction. An example I have has no "ears".

?

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    No argument as to Saxon manufacturers having made buckles for other states' armies as well. .
    Hello Kurt,
    Unfortunately you are wrong on this point...
    Saxon manufacturers have proven to have manufactured for the Prussian contingent...
    Unfortunately I only have one example of a steel buckle with the manufacturer's mark from Osang in Dresden... I'm attaching an example picture.
    Greetings
    kabl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?   Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?  

?

Now I am going to have to look at all of my Imperial buckles and see if any are marked in this spot. I am sure I don’t have one but I don’t remember ever see a buckle marked in this spot. Great buckle thanks for posting.

?

Kabl, sorry I didn't express myself clearly in my earlier post: Of course Saxon manufacturers also produced buckles for the other German contingents. Absolutely no disagreement on this point!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2