Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Article about: Hi guys, This is my first buckle and my first belt ever. It seems to me to be a completely original WW1 Prussian buckle with remains of Feldgrau paint and an honest old belt that has seen so

KSH
    ?

Default Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Hi guys,

This is my first buckle and my first belt ever. It seems to me to be a completely original WW1 Prussian buckle with remains of Feldgrau paint and an honest old belt that has seen some field reparation/modification of the tongue by the use of copper wire it looks like to me. I can not spot any maker marks on either belt or buckle, only a "100" size stamp is visible to me right above the tip of the tongue.

I would appreciate all help, input and opinions that members here have to offer tremendously! I am as already stated entirely new to German belts and buckles.

Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Here some photos showing both sides of the the repair/modification of the tongue by copper wire. Note the empty holes in the belt behind the tongue:

Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather beltPrussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

Thank you very much!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prussian Buckle with field repaired/modified leather belt

I like this. I have seen this kind of repair before. It is just what they had there. Doug

Hi KSH, it looks a good set to me. Check out this thread for more WW1 buckle info,

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ckles-10285-6/

Cheers,

Richard.

KSH
    ?

Quote by DerKerl View Post
    I like this. I have seen this kind of repair before. It is just what they had there. Doug

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi KSH, it looks a good set to me. Check out this thread for more WW1 buckle info,

Imperial German Buckles.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Thank you very much for your replies! Richard, I see you have great insights into these things - would I be right to call my buckle a late WW1 steel buckle? Any chance of identifying the pattern closer (1917/1918?)?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth

Hi KSH, looking at mine I would have said the buckle is circa 1916/17; but it's impossible to say without a tab. All you really say is that it's an M16, Cheers, Richard.

KSH
    ?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi KSH, looking at mine I would have said the buckle is circa 1916/17; but it's impossible to say without a tab. All you really say is that it's an M16, Cheers, Richard.
    Thanks a lot!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth