MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian ww1 belt buckle with tab

Article about: Was wanting some second opinions on this buckle and tab. Do they look authentic? I like the worn out look this has and any help would be much appreciated. Just want to know before I buy. Tha

Default Prussian ww1 belt buckle with tab

Was wanting some second opinions on this buckle and tab. Do they look authentic? I like the worn out look this has and any help would be much appreciated. Just want to know before I buy. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian ww1 belt buckle with tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian ww1 belt buckle with tab
    P
    Many

Dear Kyle,

If you are comfortable with as you say this worn out look, then the subject buckle together with the leather tongue, is in my opinion perfectly original and period. No problems that I can see and by the way, the dealer by the watermarks on your posted images, has an impeccable reputation.

The buckle is a tad tired and distressed for my taste, although again if you are comfortable with a so called mid to late period Prussian steel buckle in this condition, then I see no issues.

The leather tongue appears to be original to the buckle and displays three of the four core desirable stampings of (1) manufacturers name, (2) manufacturers location and (3), date of manufacturer.

In my opinion and in consideration of your personal preference towards the overall condition of buckles, there are no issues whatsoever here.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Kyle

Great answer from David, nice original buckle
    Ben