Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wurttemburg Buckle - Anyone Seen One Like This Before?

Article about: Here's a very unique Wurttemburg Buckle. It's unlike any other I have seen before. Annoyed from this ads?   Apparently a private purchase piece, made by "Mayer & Wilhelm, Stutt

By member Gunny Hartmann: I would have thought this type of catch would be for a parade buckle, i don't think it would take much abuse in the field as i reckon the brass would start to tear!....
    Yes, excellent thoughts. I agree entirely.

By member Kradmelder: I am not a collector of buckles, but the way of production is looking fine for this time period imo. This manufacturer is still in the business and is located in my home town near Stuttgart. I go with my feeling, looks for me real this buckle.
    I think it looks period made as well. I did a google search and discovered as you say that the firm is still in business near Stuttgart. Apparently there is a book that has been published on the history of the firm, in German text.

By member Lenny Warren: Interesting, love the variations we are still finding....
    It is amazing what is still out there that we are only just now discovering.

I am curious who purchased it the latter part of October of 2014 on eBay.de. Someone wanted it more than I did, paying around $330 for it. It must be a super rare variant for the new owner, as I agree it is for me, since none of us commenting here have ever seen it before either.

Thanks for your insight & contributions gentlemen!

Best Regards,

Alan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wurttemburg Buckle - Anyone Seen One Like This Before?
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2