Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bristol Armour helmet

Article about: ...always been a mystery to me since they dropped onto "CompoSite"......what a great site that is by the way...I wonder who's idea it was?... Anyway, I've got a 1081270N17D/P4EV (c

Default Bristol Armour helmet

...always been a mystery to me since they dropped onto "CompoSite"......what a great site that is by the way...I wonder who's idea it was?...

Anyway, I've got a 1081270N17D/P4EV (catchy eh?) now and it's....errrr....blue....and ugly. This must be a non-military piece (silver harness fitments), silk-esque liner and side holes for a.... errrrr...side-fitting thing....please tell me I'm wrong.

Bristol Armour helmetBristol Armour helmetBristol Armour helmetBristol Armour helmet

....and now a translation for any visiting Facebookers:-

got thsi its bloo wot is it an wurf

Nice example Ade ,here is mine for comparison which is the lighter version used by the former Yugoslavia .The webbing chinstrap has a two point fixing but with the leather sections extending to the third mounting point ,i also notice your chin cup differs as mine is the same type found on the Trials MK6 .
    I just wish my inner blue liner section with label was still presentBristol Armour helmetBristol Armour helmet I am sure there is an existing thread on this model type but you might have to look back through the archives a few years although i seem to recall the term "brick" was used but was possibly Greg's terminology as he was the thread starter
    Regards James

Sorry Fellas they are both fake!! NO DECALS! sorry!

James - thank you for pointing me to the 2015 thread which already exists on Bristol lids...I HATE unnecessarily starting a second thread - sorry. All - please search Bristol Armour Brick to find the first thread.

'strange beasts aren't they? (ugly as). I note that Greg has received no more answers to his "who used" question - it would seem at that stage at least they were limited to Yugoslav Milicja and trialed in Canada. Strangely I've always wanted one as the more and more I read the heavier they looked! So we've got another interesting-to-4-members helmet.....

Doesn't the label with bi-lingual English/German language tell you something about who might have used it?

“Ahhh, I was waiting to see how long it would be before you noticed that Wilson”

Just done a casual flick-through on Google and noticed that the Bundeswehr had "splitterschutzwesten" made by Bristol Armour. Could it be possible that this type of helmet was sent for some sort of trial?

Original Bundeswehr Splitterschutzweste Bristol Armour Bw Schutzweste Typ 3 SK1 Korperpanzerung

ps, don't you mean "Watson"?

Defo “Wilson”....”Watson” is far too high brow.

...and I thought everyone was a Mainwaring fan.........

No doubt you are aware of the following link, but just in case you aren't here it is:

Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet

Has the possibility that it was produced for the civillian market, eg press deployment into war zones been researched? The lack of a NATO stock code clearly shows that it is not part of a military contract fullfilment.

ps I am a Dad's Army fan, but somehow thought you were referring to Sherlock Holmes assistant, Watson

....’name’s on the top of the first page.......literally

thank you for using it. It kinda went dormant when we felt no-one was using it...I’m hoping there’ll be an update but that’s all down to the IT team. :-)