MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

British Mk6 alpha

Article about: Hello everyone, is a bit of time who are looking for a good Mk6 A, I just found this interesting example that I want to share with you. But the thing that left me a little amazed is the date

Thanks James, you did well to add your example, well photographed and full of details.
    Likely they are both dated 2008, the covers lot numbers are very close.

Regards
    Roberto

Thank you for your understanding Roberto ,I have had this one in the pile for a while but spotted your cover and thought hello that serial number looks very familiar albeit in an outsize but still very close indeed ,I would rather add mine here than start multiple threads for what is one and the same ,not sure how my mk6A sustained its front rim damage but can only speculate
    All the best James

James, is it delaminating at the front?.....like plywood that’s got wet?

James, do not worry, add everything you consider interesting for the Forum Members.
    Regarding the front damage of your helmet, I can say that it is something I have already seen on this model of helmet, but not on the old ballistic nylon MK6; maybe the Mk6A, even if ballistically superior could be more rigid and more sensitive to the violent shocks on the corners?
    Obviously it's just an idea, but as I said I do not remember having found this kind of damage on examples of old Mk6, even if very mistreated.

Regards
    Roberto

That's a good way of putting It Ade ,the splitting/delaminating extends further inside as I can see the composite weave along the edge so is not just localised rim damage and in agreement with Roberto I could only speculate what caused this damage ,until I removed the cover I had no idea it was there ,perhaps the user was unaware too as the cover gives no clue to the damage beneath

yet to get a MK6a......do I wait or grab one while I can?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    yet to get a MK6a......do I wait or grab one while I can?
    I think it's better to take an example now, prices will probably increase in the future.

I'll look out for one for you at the Shows/Fairs...PM me a spec if you like....

Not sure I agree with Roberto about going up in price...but they seem to be the slowest in coming down in price...and still not very common at the Fair/Shows even now...I think I've only got about 2-3 myself...surely now with the 7's going into storage the 6As will be ten-a-penny???? (yeah....rrrrright!)

Quote by Composite View Post
    I'll look out for one for you at the Shows/Fairs...PM me a spec if you like....

Not sure I agree with Roberto about going up in price...but they seem to be the slowest in coming down in price...and still not very common at the Fair/Shows even now...I think I've only got about 2-3 myself...surely now with the 7's going into storage the 6As will be ten-a-penny???? (yeah....rrrrright!)
    I have seen a few at the £30-35 range on ebay....still a lot compared to a MK6 but if they really are the least common of the 6-6a-7 range then perhaps they will not drop that much
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The Ade's reasoning has a logic, when they will empty the warehouses and in particular those of the Navy, because I think I remember that he still has them in use; there may be a temporary lowering of prices, but I think they will not be able to reach the prices of the previous Mk6.
    I do not have data about the pieces actually produced, but I consider that the Mk6A was manufactured only for a few years, while the Mk6 has remained in line for over twenty years; so, as Jerry says, it will still be the rarest of the Mk6-7 family.
    In any case we update ourselves in a few years!

Regards
    Roberto

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast