Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

British Mk6 helmet

Article about: Hello! It has been quite a long time since I have last posted here, a few years actually now that I think of it. I do apologize for my extended absence, but the years have treated me kindly

Exactly my thought, police - blue or black?
    "Per Ardua"

Is it a colour thing or do you have more info?

UPDATE - apparently this helmet was owned by ex-army, ex-freelance who ended up undertaking ship-based anti-piracy work. So kinda private navy??

If so I would assume either company-provided (commercial purchase) or private purchase (also commercial)....depending on the type of vessel (I'd imagine that passenger ships would want an element of uniformity / smartness rather than a load of Chris Kyle wannabes/lookalikes....whereas tankers/freighters might not be as focused on staff appearances....no offence to any ex-Merchants out there!)

?

Default Early mk6

Hey all

Would you say this an early mk6 helmet. No tag no markings ... black body and smooth green finish British Mk6 helmetBritish Mk6 helmetBritish Mk6 helmet

...forgot I'd got another NP Bluey....a 600 in the same colour

British Mk6 helmet

..so at least we know it's an NP thing and not a personal respray

Here's a question....were "they" (N&P ? MOD? "the man"? ???) refurbishing (de-shining?) Mk6s whilst they were making new ones too?

here's a question I have today obtained a Dunlop made No visor holed Mk6,,, In all my yrs i have never even heard of a dunlop made mk6.. gotta be one of the rarest mk6 out there.. i know richard and Ian have one each minus label .. have any other gents here got a dunlop mk6 and ifso can you post pics.. i'll upload pics of it later..

Yep...picked up mine on Sunday at Malvern....

Quote by combathelmets247 View Post
    here's a question I have today obtained a Dunlop made No visor holed Mk6,,, In all my yrs i have never even heard of a dunlop made mk6.. gotta be one of the rarest mk6 out there.. i know richard and Ian have one each minus label .. have any other gents here got a dunlop mk6 and ifso can you post pics.. i'll upload pics of it later..
    OK, here's the question from the idiot side of the room; if there's no label how do they know it is a Dunlop shell? Take out the liner to see the moulded logo? Or what? Is there a recognition factor other than that?

I do think you're right in guessing it might be the rarest Mk6 - at least based on observation even if no actual access to production figures.

Hi greg , thats far from an idiot question mate,, its weird the other 2 owner said on there mk6s the black pins were missing and they said theres a D for dunlop on the inside,, when i got mine i looked and mine too is minus the black pics but mine has the label.. Ian is a long standing memeber here and the other richard has contribed to your website ,, both are really good chaps in this addction we have .. I'm on a 1 man mission to try and stop these rare early helmets going off to fight putin.. i'll add pics b4 the weekend..
    regards
    Wayne
    Last edited by combathelmets247; 03-23-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast