Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers

Article about: Just to start a thread on the different Covers and makers for discussion Ill start with a few of my examples Beginning with this Desert (OP Granby period )Dashmore clothing ltd Example

Great Info Kradman ,thanking you
    Regards James

As I've not posted on the thread for some time thought I would update with a few of my acquisitions from the last couple of years which don't really amount to much but maybe worth a share for those interested.
    Firstly this pair of early CT4 B contract covers , the salty example without Foliage bands is showing penned Corporal rank chevrons to the rear, also picked up this Ct 1A contract temperate example which is a first for my collection British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers
    Regards James

MAP
    ?

Three nice ones. I like the salty example
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Also took some pictures of the odd ball examples in greater detail which i covered earlier in the thread ,firstly this unlabelled trails cover of unknown manufacture and also a Mk 6 cover in flecktarn pattern material, a pattern used by the German armed forces and also Belgian Air force security from 1989 up until the year 2000 British MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet CoversBritish MK6 /MK6 A Helmet Covers
    Regards James

MAP
    ?

Love that flecktarn pattern.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default DPM Cover on Lighweight para

Hi all, what a great thread!
    I don't frequent this forum too often, but I have recently become more and more fascinated by British Composite helmets and accessories, so here I am

I've had this Lighweight para in my collection since the mid 1990s (bought at the old Islington Militaria fair that used to be a true delight) and I was always baffled by the extra stitching, which does not seem to serve any purpose as it is not repairing or reinforcing anything (or so it seems to me). Lovely also is the WO2 badge at the front.
    Stupidly, I have not taken a photo of the label.
    My surprise, after I bought the helmet, was to find out that it had a painted camo pattern and a small coloured marking, which, in my ignorance, I was never able to identify. Does anybody know what it represents?

Many thanks
    Michele

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28