Quote by austromunga View Post
Now that's proper cool!!!!!
Thanks for the great reference pic!!!
really that early!!???? ....boy....now I really gotta track one of those baby's down!!!!!!

And...yes I know what you mean.... us collectors don't help either by adding our own nomenclature for items... in lieu of knowing the correct terms!!
Yes, the T78 pattern is really interesting.
The development began, as I recall, in the mid 1970s; and lasted until the final version was introduced in 1984.
It is a proper "Cold War" pattern, as it was intended to only mimic the different colours of Danish flora.

It would have been of less use in for instance Sweden, where a lot of grey would have been required.
As I remember the pattern it was really effective. Items and personnel almost disappearing - as long as you adhered to the basic "rules of camouflage" (Shadows and so forth).

However, with the international engagement of the Danish army of today, the pattern do not really preform too well, e.g. in Afghanistan (where it was used in "Green Zone"). However, as an exception it did preform well in the Balkans.

But alas, we too have turned out backs on domestic patterns, and have begun issuing "Multicam" instead.
It is all very nice, but it does not preform as well as a pattern designed to a particular flora in a limited geographical area.