Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan

Article about: Hi, mates, in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/balli...rlands-800682/ I was showin´ You some Dutch M826 lids. Today I wanna show You an Duch M826, "served" in Afghanist

Default Dutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan

Hi, mates,

in this thread:
    M826 Aramid, Netherlands
    I was showin´ You some Dutch M826 lids.

Today I wanna show You an Dutch M826, "served" in Afghanistan, as the seller told it to me.
    My fellow collector´s mate is always lookin´ for "camouflaged" helmets of the Bundeswehr, issued in Afghanistan, and/or in Africa.
    Unmeant he received a "Dutch" helmet, I was lucky to buy by accident ...

IMO a pretty, "used up" lid, but, I like it !

The helmet is personalized, and, there´s still some Afghan "soil" (sand) left in the pot ...
    Dutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan
    Last edited by Reibert; 01-11-2022 at 09:35 PM.

some more images:
    Dutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan[ATTACH=CONFIG]]

MVD means:
    Ministerie van Defensie (MinDef)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1559324]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan  

The Netherlands went into action in 2001, the helmet, obviously, was manufactured in 1997.

So, I´m, meanwhile, not that sure if this, particular, helmet was in Afghanistan ...

Hello,

the helmet now has a longer forum and internet presence behind it.

First accidentally presented here as a Bundeswehr helmet:

Gefechtshelme der Bundeswehr - Uniformen und Kopfbedeckungen - Militaria Fundforum

and then longer on Kleinanzeigen

Gefechtshelm Afghanistan ISAF abgetarnt Niederlande in Baden-Wurttemberg - Sinzheim | eBay Kleinanzeigen

Do you think the paint is authentic? Definitely a very interesting look.

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Do you think the paint is authentic? Definitely a very interesting look.

Regards
    Hi, yes, I do think the camo is authentical actually.

Best regards,
    R.

Hello, Sleepwalker,

today I received two M826 Aramid helmets from a collectors mate from the Netherlands.
    One of them is showing the same kind of camouflage as shown previously here, in the thread.

Found a very small hallmarking inside the helmet and as far as I can see, it says the helmet was manufactured in January, or, February 2001.
    So, this, particular, pot could have been seen action in Afghanistan actually.

Best regards,
    R.
    Dutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan

Another hallmarking inside the liner:
    INDUYCO-MVD
    Dutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from AfghanistanDutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The Netherlands went into action in 2001, the helmet, obviously, was manufactured in 1997.

So, I´m, meanwhile, not that sure if this, particular, helmet was in Afghanistan ...
    From 1.1.2015 till 9.11.2021 the Netherlands saw action in Afghanistan during "Operation Resolute Support".
    Maybe, also "older" helmets were used by the Dutch in Afghanistan ?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    today I received two M826 Aramid helmets from a collectors mate from the Netherlands.
    There:
    M826 Aramid, Netherlands
    in #9 the other helmet, my collestors mate from the Netherlands sent to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast