Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this the end.....

Article about: Will the last person still collecting (or expressing an interest in) Composites please remember to turn the lights out? Cheers.

CBH
    ?

I am presently looking for a Canadian Kevlar helmet to display my helmet cover collection on, so when I find one I'll post it.

Post it up and join the second most unpopular club in the world!

:-)

Quote by Composite View Post
    Post it up and join the second most unpopular club in the world!

:-)
    What's the first One?

Currently waiting on a French UN helmet and an Iraqi M80

Home Fronters Gunny, Home Fronters.......

I'll put 50p in the meter (metaphorically at least - I'm saving for more purchases)!

Although I don't avidly collect composites (or even helmets), I'm an 'opportunist' collector of anything military so rest assured I used CompoSite for research. Thanks for going to the effort of creating both that site & all the posts on here!

I wish I could take credit for actually building CompoSite.....Mr Pickersgill was/is the technical wizard

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    What's the first One?
    The 'RAD'
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Composite View Post
    I wish I could take credit for actually building CompoSite.....Mr Pickersgill was/is the technical wizard
    Not a hell of a lot of 'technical wizardry' employed there boss; I deliberately chose the simplest frame-based plan imaginable so I could quickly and easily slot in the flood of contributions. To be fair there was a minor inundation for the first few of months in 2010, from a variety of collectors, but then most of them decided it was sufficient effort on their part to post their New Stuff on secret forums or FB (where *they* would absorb all the limelite), where to all intents and purposes it is invisible to most people who might benefit from actual information. The whole point of CompoSite was that it was a *visible* and *permanent* (as much as anything on the web can be) source of reference.

I really ought to get over grumping about it and actually do some work on it again. It's not easy.

(by the way, I actually bought a helmet yesterday, first for over six months. Rather a generic-looking probably UK commceial compo, but it looked like it might need investigating, and was very cheaop on Ebay! You might see it on CompoSite, one never knows, do one...)

Well, it's a lot better than "wots htis" !

...and I'm quietly confident that it's referred to a lot more times than we know......'cept folk don't thank the internet.....after all.....no-one works hard (for free) to create things on there do they...they simply turn up at a click

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2