Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Galvion - Helmet names

Article about: They can't do that!...they simply can't do that!...so Galvion takes over Revision...Revision made the Brit "Virtus" helmet (NOT the Mk8...but that's something else which needs addr

Default Galvion - Helmet names

They can't do that!...they simply can't do that!...so Galvion takes over Revision...Revision made the Brit "Virtus" helmet (NOT the Mk8...but that's something else which needs addressing but in reality will only be sorted when the Mk9..or Victoria Sponge helmet (or whatever that project is called) comes out and the Mk8 gap becomes obvious to the world...but I digress)...But "Virtus was the name of the British Army programme so there's Virtus body armour, webbing etc etc. BUT Revision sold the helmet as the "Cobra"....and other countries who didn't have pretentious project names presumably bought Cobras (the helmet, not the beer)..so there was a whole load of non-Brit soldiers with loads of Cobras up top...'not sure what the collective noun is for that....a slither of Cobras??? Anyway Revision also sold a Viper helmet which, if I remember correctly, was effectively a Hi-Cut Cobra...kinda. Well the Galvion site now displays Vipers and Caimens (don't ask)...and no Cobras BUT there's "full" and Hi-Cut Vipers now...2 helmets, one name with only a "P" number (don't ask) differentiating the two....where's Cobra?

I was never 100% certain that the "Virtus" was 100% Cobra....it kinda seemed a Cobra/Viper hybrid.....a Vipra or Cober if you will.......

...so I'm planning a march on Galvions Head Office....sometime...where ever that is....."what do we want? clearer helmet names where different styles have noticeably different names....when do we want it?...NOW! catchy eh?

Military & Army Helmets - Galvion

I've said it before and will say it again....you'll never have this much fun with M35s, M40s, Champagne Droop Tails and Duck bills.....PAAH!

You do know there was never *really* a MkV, yeah?

Burn him!!!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post

I've said it before and will say it again....you'll never have this much fun with M35s, M40s, Champagne Droop Tails and Duck bills.....PAAH!
    But we will with Pickelhaubes, Tschakos, Raupenhelms, Tschapkas, lobster tails, and Pelzmütze's PAAH!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)