Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial - Truppenversuch

Article about: Hi there, I would like to introduce you to a German Armidhelm model B 862 B2 from the troop trial. Of many project studies by the companies VDN/Busch and Schuberth Werke Braunschweig, only 3

More detailed pictures of the cover inside out sleep walker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - Truppenversuch   German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - Truppenversuch  

German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - Truppenversuch  

Hello,

thanks for the additional pictures.

Yes, the cover is not an official test model and also not an introduced service model.

It was probably made individually in a tailor's workshop of the German Armed Forces (part of the Standortverwaltung = StoV = camp administration) or privately. This has been quite common since 1956.
    The fabric is printed on one side and is uniform fabric.
    Tent fabric is also often used.

In my opinion, appearance and processing do not necessarily speak for a StoV production. The StoV helm covers were usually sewn according to uniform patterns in good quality.
    Often also for reserve troops. The paratroopers often resorted to it, especially to get smooth covers without loops.

Here are examples of such StoV products made from 5-color camouflage or 3-color camouflage out of the 1990s.
    In addition to the steel helmet, these were initially also worn on the combat (aramid) helmet.

Many thanks for your appraisal Sleepwalker on this ersatz cover as it has been a bit of a mystery to me for a few years so it's nice to get some closure finally ,thank you also for sharing your interesting collection of Stov cover's

Not wanting to dilute the thread in any way but i might as well share another unusual cover i have fitted to this Belgian army gefechtshelm model 95 Schuberth B826 German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - Truppenversuch
    Last edited by James C; 01-26-2023 at 10:59 PM.

Initially thought i had a StoV cover which i picked up for my collection many years ago but i think most likely it is a standard issue cover with the foliage banding removed as i can see grid section stitching remnants ,as you can see i have a few covers of the Bundeswehr some of which unofficially are fashioned from the earlier amoebatarn zeltbahn pattern German B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - TruppenversuchGerman B 862 B2 Aramid Helmet Troop Trial  - Truppenversuch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2