Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

iraqi m1980

Article about: my latest buy although not a steel helmet but a composite type of some sort i believe these were made but daewoo in south korea the gulf war era m1980 with unknown painted emblems on the sid

Yes thanks for relighting this thread. Although it is sad to note that the albums of our late member Andy AJ4010 are no longer visible. It would have been a privilege to admire his own collection (probably now re-homed).

Thank you Blackcat 82 ,R.I.P. Andy ,he was a really nice bloke a great member of the forum and a true gent .Andy was very kind to me as a newbie collector back then sending me a few surplus helmets my way which i never forgot about ,when he fell ill i sent him a WW2 period civil defence helmet which i thought would lift his spirits and it did
    Regards James

My collection of Iraqi M80's has grown since my first post here and also i have done a few Iraqi displays along the way .Here are a couple of my representations of the Iraqi Army soldier wearing the M80 helmet ,as it was winter time i had fleece protected my Canary Palm in case you are wondering what it was in shot iraqi m1980iraqi m1980
    Regards James

Another lovely thread I am discovering these days
    Hoping to be helpful, here's my M80, which was sold to me in the late 90s by a former US SEAL who picked it up in Northern Iraq (or so he said...still, I like it

No idea what the pink (which could be a red turned pink due to sun exposure) roundel indicates. Anybody?

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

All the best
    Michele

I like your representation of the Iraqi soldier James, a moustache that would give Borat a run for his money. Thanks also Michele for posting a fairly pristine M80. No idea what the red disc indicates but hopefully an answer will be forthcoming for you.

Default Another M-80

Glad you guys liked it, and while I'm at it, I'll also show my other M80, which I have recently acquired from an Italian former Military who picked it up in Nasiriyah around 2007-2010.

As you can see this one has been refurbished with locally manufactured spares, probably in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

I don't have detailed photos, but the chinstrap is fastened by a velcro strap...

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

iraqi m1980

Cheers
    Michele

Thank you Blackcat 82 and your comment did make me laugh .Thanks for sharing your superb examples Michtag and an interesting marking shown on your first example and also the second example is interesting with the refurb which looks like the M80/03 liner has been fitted as part of the upgrade
    Regards James

A couple of pictures of my Iraqi M80 collection as it has grown over the last 12 years and i will post a few of them up individually in better detail iraqi m1980iraqi m1980
    Regards James

?

Wow! James, nice display of an amazing amount of M80 helmets. Each of them while being similar is unique. We'll have to see them more closely overtime. Thanks for showing.
    Regards
    Jack

MAP
    ?

Impressive James. Very nice grouping.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast